"paint" Faces On Pumpkin Cake Pops

Baking By momdalejr Updated 27 Oct 2011 , 1:02pm by lilmissbakesalot

momdalejr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momdalejr Posted 23 Oct 2011 , 11:09pm
post #1 of 7

I used the gel icing and made faces on the cake pops... It worked out well but..................... it is still sticky... I wanted to put in them in individual bags...ugh.. any suggestions.... maybe edible markers would work???thanks..

6 replies
RheaCakeQueen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
RheaCakeQueen Posted 23 Oct 2011 , 11:20pm
post #2 of 7

Edible markers would work, or royal icing, or melted chocolate... depending on the look you wanted. Good luck!

Rach82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rach82 Posted 27 Oct 2011 , 11:35am
post #3 of 7

Hi

I have used a tiny bit of vodka & my black colouring paste as a paint on my pumpkins

HTH
Rach

MCurry Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MCurry Posted 27 Oct 2011 , 11:49am
post #4 of 7

Edible makers, fondant cut outs or coating chocolate.

Serena4016 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Serena4016 Posted 27 Oct 2011 , 12:41pm
post #5 of 7

My expierence with edible markers has always been that they don't make a very dark mark. I just drew some eyebrows on a fondant mummy head and it really did not come out black...kinda dark greyish. I am making pumpkin cakepops also and I am going to use black Wilton candy melts in a pastry bag with a very small round tip.

MCurry Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MCurry Posted 27 Oct 2011 , 12:50pm
post #6 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serena4016

My expierence with edible markers has always been that they don't make a very dark mark. I just drew some eyebrows on a fondant mummy head and it really did not come out black...kinda dark greyish. I am making pumpkin cakepops also and I am going to use black Wilton candy melts in a pastry bag with a very small round tip.

Yesterday I used black wilton candy melts and did not feel like it was a true black. It looked dark grey. You'll have to let me know what you think when you melt yours. I'm thinking I may get Merkens black next time.

lilmissbakesalot Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lilmissbakesalot Posted 27 Oct 2011 , 1:02pm
post #7 of 7

You have to go over it a couple of times. I have used the Americolor black food pens and they are black black, but sometimes you have to shake the color into the tip of the pen.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%