Bustier Cake

Decorating By semacarmichael Updated 19 Jul 2013 , 10:16am by BatterUpCake

semacarmichael Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
semacarmichael Posted 21 Oct 2011 , 9:46pm
post #1 of 7

hi everyone,
I need to make a bustier cake. I have bought the wilton ball cake pan, I have looked for a templet to cut the body does any one know how to make this work?? also how to cover it with fondant so it relly looks like real thank you

6 replies
sweetts99 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetts99 Posted 21 Oct 2011 , 9:54pm
post #2 of 7

When I made mine, I took a 13x9 or larger (can't remember) sheet cake and carved the sides out to form the body. Then I placed the ball cakes in the area I wanted. I covered in rolled buttercream. I used some icing colors to make the darker part of the nipple area. HTH.

DebzCustomCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DebzCustomCakes Posted 20 Nov 2011 , 7:03am
post #3 of 7

my most recent

DebzCustomCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DebzCustomCakes Posted 20 Nov 2011 , 7:05am
post #4 of 7

roll out a long thin piece of fondant and lay it on the buttercream BEFORE you lay your overall piece of fondant over the top this will create the lines down, in order to give the right effect.

DianeLM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DianeLM Posted 20 Nov 2011 , 9:08pm
post #5 of 7

Here's mine. http://cakecentral.com/gallery/1788327. If you're interested, I have some process pictures. Just email me.

SandyS Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SandyS Posted 16 Jul 2013 , 8:41pm
post #6 of 7

If you still have pics of how you made this bustier cake would you mind sharing them with me?

Thanks,

Sandy

BatterUpCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BatterUpCake Posted 19 Jul 2013 , 10:16am
post #7 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by DianeLM 

Here's mine. http://cakecentral.com/gallery/1788327. If you're interested, I have some process pictures. Just email me.

I want directions!!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%