Would You Eat This?

Decorating By ronronneuse Updated 21 Oct 2011 , 6:37pm by ronronneuse

KoryAK Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KoryAK Posted 21 Oct 2011 , 12:10am
post #31 of 34

And no, grocery store "bavarian cream" doesn't have a lick of real egg or dairy in it, it's designed to be shelf stable and real pastry cream is not. I'm with the camp that would not sell it to a customer, but would totally eat it myself and serve it to my family. Carmijok is right on the money about exposure. When my DD was like 4 he would tell strangers "I'm stong cause I eat off the floor! It's good for you!" lol

CalhounsCakery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CalhounsCakery Posted 21 Oct 2011 , 4:27pm
post #32 of 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by Foxicakes

LOL!! Well...after you have sufficiently "buried your face in it", if it just so happens that I, along with many others were wrong in our estimation of it edibility, I guarantee you that it will NOT take a "couple of days" for you to find out!! More like a couple of hours!! Which is another dead give away for a diagnosis of food poisoning. It pretty much hits you immediately.

Anyway, good luck. Though I don't think you'll need it. Just enjoy your cake...

Actually, it can take up to 24-48 hours for food poisoning to hit. Not saying it can't hit in a few hours, but that isn't always the case.

siuingme Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
siuingme Posted 21 Oct 2011 , 6:24pm
post #33 of 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by KoryAK

And no, grocery store "bavarian cream" doesn't have a lick of real egg or dairy in it, it's designed to be shelf stable and real pastry cream is not. I'm with the camp that would not sell it to a customer, but would totally eat it myself and serve it to my family. Carmijok is right on the money about exposure. When my DD was like 4 he would tell strangers "I'm stong cause I eat off the floor! It's good for you!" lol

KoryAk, this made me laugh !

ronronneuse Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ronronneuse Posted 21 Oct 2011 , 6:37pm
post #34 of 34

Rest assured, chers amis, I ate it, it was heaven-sent, and I've had no visits from gastro-intestinal demons of any kind. Thanks for all the fun comments.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%