Large Sugar Crystals

Decorating By SarahB52 Updated 21 Oct 2011 , 9:57pm by BlakesCakes

SarahB52 Posted 19 Oct 2011 , 5:35pm
post #1 of 4

I have seen on a few cake shows where they use these giant sugar crystals, i am planning a winter wedding for my bff/sister and wanted to use these crystals on her cake. Can anyone tell me how to make these or where I can find out how? I would really appreciate any help that you can give.

3 replies
BlakesCakes Posted 19 Oct 2011 , 11:14pm
post #2 of 4

It's called sanding sugar and if you google it, you'll find lots of sources.


SarahB52 Posted 21 Oct 2011 , 9:51pm
post #3 of 4

It's not sanding sugar. The stuff I am looking for is the size of a rock, but it's sugar.

BlakesCakes Posted 21 Oct 2011 , 9:57pm
post #4 of 4

Rock sugar/rock candy. You can buy it on sticks, in small boxes (I get it at Cracker Barrel), or on strings.


Quote by @%username% on %date%