How Long Do Cake Pops Last?

Baking By tarabara Updated 19 Oct 2011 , 5:18pm by faithc24

tarabara Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tarabara Posted 19 Oct 2011 , 1:15pm
post #1 of 7

...if they're not gobbled up right away! I kind of alluded to this in something I posted yesterday but not in the original post so I figured it would be better to post it separately. If you can't freeze them (cracking and condensation), can you refrigerate cake pops? If not, how long do they last at room temp? Thanks for the help!

6 replies
tarabara Posted 19 Oct 2011 , 2:43pm
post #2 of 7

Anyone?...Bueller?

faithc24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
faithc24 Posted 19 Oct 2011 , 3:03pm
post #3 of 7

Up to 2 weeks if stored in the fridge. Im no expert but believe the chocolate helps them to stay fresh. I recently baked some and left them in the fridge for a few days then decided to decorate them. Let them sit on the counter for another 2-3 days and we were still eating them and they were so good! Although I like them cold. icon_smile.gif I would safely say 3-5 days left out. All that sugar in and around them works like a natural preservative.

tarabara Posted 19 Oct 2011 , 3:19pm
post #4 of 7

Faithc24, you don't get condensationg on them when they're in the fridge? The only cake pops I've made I gave away so I'm not sure how they lasted/behaved in the fridge and I'm trying to gauge how far ahead to make my next batch. Thanks for your help!

mommachris Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mommachris Posted 19 Oct 2011 , 3:42pm
post #5 of 7

The ones I've made begin to turn mushy inside after about the fourth day. I only store mine in the fridge.

Mommachris

faithc24 Posted 19 Oct 2011 , 5:16pm
post #6 of 7

I have a separate fridge just for cakes and such so the humidity setting is adjusted and that may help but when I pulled them out I did notice some condensation but once they sat out for a bit it dried up and they looked great. I think it's something you have to play with to see what works for you.Make some for fun and do some experimenting! Yum!

faithc24 Posted 19 Oct 2011 , 5:18pm
post #7 of 7

Should also say I've only left mine uncovered in the fridge because I was afraid condensation would build with no where to escape if covered.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%