Need Help Calculating 3D Servings

Decorating By KMKakes Updated 18 Oct 2011 , 9:11pm by cakegirl1973

KMKakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KMKakes Posted 18 Oct 2011 , 5:12pm
post #1 of 3

How do/would you calculate the servings amount for 3D cakes? Most individuals want something that ranges between 20-30 servings. How can this be calculated?

2 replies
TheCakeEngineer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheCakeEngineer Posted 18 Oct 2011 , 5:41pm
post #2 of 3

I'm sure lots of people do it differently, but I would plan my design (sketch with dimensions) and figure out how many cakes and of what size I need to actually bake in order to estimate the servings/ charges. Even the cake that gets cut away must be accounted for in your estimate. Also, don't forget to tally up any bits and pieces that you need from the hardware store because that stuff can add up VERY fast! icon_smile.gif

cakegirl1973 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakegirl1973 Posted 18 Oct 2011 , 9:11pm
post #3 of 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCakeEngineer

I'm sure lots of people do it differently, but I would plan my design (sketch with dimensions) and figure out how many cakes and of what size I need to actually bake in order to estimate the servings/ charges. Even the cake that gets cut away must be accounted for in your estimate. Also, don't forget to tally up any bits and pieces that you need from the hardware store because that stuff can add up VERY fast! icon_smile.gif

That's pretty much how I do it, too. Start with the number of servings that the cakes you start with (before carving) will make, and then estimate the number of servings that you have carved away. It's a lot of guess work.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%