Powdered Egg Whites - ?

Baking By Wildgirl Updated 19 Oct 2011 , 7:16pm by momma28

Wildgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Wildgirl Posted 18 Oct 2011 , 3:59pm
post #1 of 6

Do they really whip up well? I'm dying to make Kaye's bc from the Whimsical Bakehouse, but I'd rather avoid any concern over the not-necessarily-fully-cooked whites.

5 replies
momma28 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
momma28 Posted 18 Oct 2011 , 4:14pm
post #2 of 6

I use them exclusively for my smbc ever since the outbreak of salmonella a yr and a half ago. I was just too nervous. They work beautifully. Just be sure to run the through a strainer before using since some little clumps may not fully dissolve.

Wildgirl Posted 18 Oct 2011 , 4:32pm
post #3 of 6

Thankyouthankyouthankyou! I am so excited to try this. I'm just not thrilled with regular bc. icon_smile.gif

momma28 Posted 18 Oct 2011 , 5:09pm
post #4 of 6

You are more than welcome icon_smile.gif I too am not a fan of american buttercream and my clients love the smbc

Wildgirl Posted 19 Oct 2011 , 6:50pm
post #5 of 6

Ok, last night we went to our usual huge grocery store and I could not find powdered egg whites anywhere. Where am I going to find these?

momma28 Posted 19 Oct 2011 , 7:16pm
post #6 of 6

I dont know what stores are near you. The only place I can get them is Kroger. You can order them online but the last time I tried honeyville was out of them. and honestly the price per ounce is the same whether I buy them at kroger or order them. I would call all the local grocery chains and see who carries them.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%