Magic Line Square Pans And Bake Time

Baking By ABingtheBaker Updated 14 Oct 2011 , 8:52pm by carmijok

ABingtheBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ABingtheBaker Posted 13 Oct 2011 , 12:49pm
post #1 of 4

Hi everyone! I just recently switched from the square Wilton pans to the Magic Line square pans and for some reason my cakes are not baking right. I do own the round Magic Line round pans and don't have this problem. I have baked two 10" and three 8" square cakes in the last two days and keep ending up with cakes that have soggy middles and the cakes seem really wet. I know it's not my recipe because I use them all the time with the Wilton square and Magic Line round pans. Is it possible that the cakes need to bake longer in the square pans as opposed to in the round ones? I have noticed that my cakes take longer to bake in the Magic Line pans versus the Wilton ones. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. TIA

3 replies
leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 14 Oct 2011 , 1:00pm
post #2 of 4

Magic Line pans are made of thicker metal, so they transfer the heat a little slower. That's a good thing. And they take longer to bake. Yes a 10" square is bigger than a 10" round (it's just geometry. Think about it - a 10" round pan will fit inside a 10" square pan.) so the square takes more batter, takes longer to bake and provides more servings.

FavorChoc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FavorChoc Posted 14 Oct 2011 , 8:27pm
post #3 of 4

Just baked my first cakes using Magic line square pans and thought the middle could be more done but when tested it came out clean. Do you use parchment paper, because I did and thought maybe that was my problem. Or what's the best way to prep the pans?

carmijok Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
carmijok Posted 14 Oct 2011 , 8:52pm
post #4 of 4

You might need to put a core or flower nail in the center...I do on all my 10" cakes.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%