Fake Tiers?

Decorating By sebrina Updated 10 Oct 2011 , 4:26am by labmom

sebrina Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sebrina Posted 10 Oct 2011 , 4:03am
post #1 of 3

I have a bride that wants a four tier cake to feed 35 people... icon_confused.gif Where is the cheapest place to buy quality false tiers for a wedding cake?

TIA!

2 replies
Vista Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Vista Posted 10 Oct 2011 , 4:25am
post #2 of 3
labmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
labmom Posted 10 Oct 2011 , 4:26am
post #3 of 3

I normaly cut my own out of pink insulation board, but I am super busy right now and have purchased some on ebay there is a great seller that is very reasonable. you can buy a set of tiers (any shape) or individual tiers.
I just purchased a 4 tier set... and I think it was 13.00 (9 plus shipping)..
my head is swimming this time of night so I can't remember what was what price when I buy things sometimes. I will go look at my records and let you know for sure. should have done that before i answered your question. see what I mean about brain freeze. And like I said the pink insurlation boards are around 11.00 for a 4x8 section and if you don't have enough room in your car the local home depot will cut it in to more managable sections for you to get it home. Just trace a cake pan or plate and cut away.. does make a mess but it is worth it you get lots of dummies out of it... and I normaly just stick them together with tooth picks or skewers to make the 4 " cake (you can get the insulation foam in different thicknesses 2" 21/2"... 1 1/2" your choice..

don't forget to charge them for the dummy decorating. I have one that wants a 4 tier cake (only bottom tier real) and then 150 cupcakes..

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%