White Icing

Baking By robin5568 Updated 3 Oct 2011 , 7:05pm by robin5568

robin5568 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
robin5568 Posted 3 Oct 2011 , 1:38am
post #1 of 4

Can anyone please help?? I use clear flavorings but my white icing always seems more beige than white. I don't know what else to do to get a white icing. Even my cakes are a little more beige than white and I don't use the egg yoke. Should I not be expecting white white.

3 replies
cakesrock Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesrock Posted 3 Oct 2011 , 2:52am
post #2 of 4

My BC isn't really white either. If I need it white, I add Wilton whitener. Oh and the longer you leave it, the more it discolors.

SarahMdr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SarahMdr Posted 3 Oct 2011 , 3:50am
post #3 of 4

I have also been frustrated by this ... What frosting you are using? I now use Martha Stewart's Swiss Meringue Buttercream from her Wedding Cakes book - it's a nice white frosting that I use to frost wedding cakes with. The recipe is something along the lines of 12 egg whites, 3 cups sugar, a couple teaspoons vanilla (I use clear) and 2# butter -
This makes I think 11-13 cups? You could half it and see if you like the color - you could also probably search her website for the recipe.

robin5568 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
robin5568 Posted 3 Oct 2011 , 7:05pm
post #4 of 4

Sarah I make my own and it's a recipe from SugarEdProductions I'm sure the recipe is ok just can't figure out why it's not white. I will go to the site you suggested and try that recipe. I really would like to get a white white.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%