South Carolina Bakery Setup And Liability Insurance

Business By epicpastries Updated 1 Oct 2011 , 3:19am by lardbutt

epicpastries Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
epicpastries Posted 30 Sep 2011 , 3:32pm
post #1 of 5

I am in the process of building a bakeshop at my home here is South Carolina. It is rather small (192 sq ft). Therefore, I have to get a little creative when it comes to storage and layout. I was wondering if there are some at-home bakers who would be willing to share their photos of smaller bakeshops to help give me ideas. I also am considering getting liability insurance as well and would love suggestions on insurance companies who offer good/affordable policies. Those of you who have liability insurancedo you really think it is beneficial? Those are the main questions I have right now, but again I am new to all of this and would love for you guys to throw any suggestions or comments my way that you think will help me in the long run. If there is anything you would rather email than post herefeel free to email it to me at [email protected]. Thank you all in advance!!!

4 replies
jason_kraft Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jason_kraft Posted 30 Sep 2011 , 4:16pm
post #2 of 5

I can't comment on the layout for a small bake shop (we rent a commercial kitchen with plenty of space), but IMO liability insurance is absolutely essential, considering thousands of people every year will be eating food prepared in your kitchen. We pay $425/year for $2M of liability insurance coverage with The Hartford.

lardbutt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lardbutt Posted 30 Sep 2011 , 4:51pm
post #3 of 5

Where do you live? I'm from SC too!

epicpastries Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
epicpastries Posted 30 Sep 2011 , 5:08pm
post #4 of 5

Thank you jason_kraft...that clears up the insurance matter. It also sounds like it would be affordable as well.

@ lardbutt...I am in the greenville area (upstate). Where are you?

lardbutt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lardbutt Posted 1 Oct 2011 , 3:19am
post #5 of 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by epyles

Thank you jason_kraft...that clears up the insurance matter. It also sounds like it would be affordable as well.

@ lardbutt...I am in the greenville area (upstate). Where are you?

Wow.....me too!!!!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%