Any Ideas For Quick Cute Fall Farmers Market Sale?

Decorating By mhcl Updated 30 Sep 2011 , 6:04pm by pinklatte

mhcl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mhcl Posted 29 Sep 2011 , 11:17pm
post #1 of 8

I have a booth this weekend at a fall craft/baker's/farmer's market. I'm selling crochet items but thought maybe I could add some baked goodies as well. Any ideas on some creative cute fall yummy goodies I could sell? I've thought of cupcakes or individual apple crisps cups.

7 replies
bakingkat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakingkat Posted 29 Sep 2011 , 11:41pm
post #2 of 8

I would check with local laws/rules about food at farmers markets. You probably have to get some sort of health dept permit. That aside, some really cute fall leaf sugar cookies would be fun. And you could have them all bagged up and packaged which might make it less "legal" hassle?

mhcl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mhcl Posted 30 Sep 2011 , 1:44pm
post #3 of 8

The rules are prett easy around here...basically nothing that needs refridgeration and should be labeled. So there goes my cheesecake pop and pumpkin bars with cream cheese frosting idea. But I probably would have just wanted to eat them anyways;o) Love the leaf cookie idea! Thank you so much!

cistebycrystal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cistebycrystal Posted 30 Sep 2011 , 2:20pm
post #4 of 8

You could also do little mini pies. But anything apple and pumpkin are huge hits. I actually sell cupcakes at our farmer's market and found that the more gourmet type or ones that use fresh local grown produce sell better. But the pies are always a hit!! Good luck!

seedrv Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
seedrv Posted 30 Sep 2011 , 3:14pm
post #5 of 8

http://www.bedifferentactnormal.com/2011/09/candy-corn-cupcake.html

I thought this was a very cute idea. Doesn't look too time consuming either.

Apti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Apti Posted 30 Sep 2011 , 4:04pm
post #6 of 8

Thanks seedrv for the candy corn cupcake link. I've bookmarked that.

OP--here's a darling idea on an Oprah Winfrey site with cupcakes that look exactly like little pies. They look very detailed, but could actually be made fairly quickly. You could probably charge a premium price ($2.50-$3.00) for these "Bake Sale Pie Cupcakes".

http://www.oprah.com/food/Bake-Sale-Pie-Cupcakes

If you can't find red and blue M&M's you could just pipe the "berries" with red and blue buttercream.

shuswapcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
shuswapcakes Posted 30 Sep 2011 , 5:59pm
post #7 of 8

What about candy apples or caramel apples? Caramel popcorn, pumpkin sugar cookes, chocolate dipped pretzel sticks, toffee, pecarn tarts, fall sandwich cookies, mmmmmm..... sorry, I'm a little hungry this morning! icon_biggrin.gif

pinklatte Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pinklatte Posted 30 Sep 2011 , 6:04pm
post #8 of 8

If you're going to make sugar cookies, besides leaves, you can also do pumpkins, ghosts, bats, and apples. Also, pumpkin spice cupcakes and apple spice cupcakes make me think of fall.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%