How To Package Cupcakes For Individual Sale???

Baking By zinger60 Updated 3 Oct 2011 , 4:09am by Bakedivas

zinger60 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
zinger60 Posted 29 Sep 2011 , 8:29pm
post #1 of 5

I am going to have a booth at a local event in November. I am going to be selling mainly cupcakes but I am not sure how to package them to sell individually. This will be an outside event where people will be walking around so I am thinking that people will buy one at a time and eat them as soon as they buy them. Any ideas? I also am not sure how to transport them to the venue without them getting all messed up.

4 replies
DeeDelightful Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeeDelightful Posted 29 Sep 2011 , 9:13pm
post #2 of 5

Cost efficient method: Transport them in sheet cake boxes. A 14 x 19 box and board will hold up to 35 cupcakes. Serve them on a napkin OR on a napkin and place inside of a brown paper lunch bag. A local cupcake shop packages theirs that way.

Expensive method: Transport them in special cupcake containers/boxes and also serve in boxes made for one cupcake.

I would guess most people are going to eat it right away and you will probably sell more if they don't have a place to tuck it away and save it for later. They will have to come back and buy another one to take home.

Lovelyladylibra Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lovelyladylibra Posted 29 Sep 2011 , 9:33pm
post #3 of 5

So the cupcake boxes aren't expensive if you know where to look. If you like pink or brown boxes go to we sell coffee they sell them individually. There is a thread here and someone was purchasing clear "cupcake baggies" that had the hold in it also. it was 100 bags with liners for 20 dollars.... pretty cheap to me. I wouldn't put them in a paper bag, it'll mess them up and then all your hard work goes to waste.

amaryllis756 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amaryllis756 Posted 2 Oct 2011 , 10:05am
post #4 of 5

Don't bet on them buying only one and eating it there. Some do, but in my experience, most don't, could be different for you. The first time I did a farmers market, I wasn't prepared for some taking them home for the family, and was stuck without containers to put them in. BIG MISTAKE! I go to GFS and buy the styrafoam containers. I get the "hamburger, single serve size, and " the take out meal" size. I can get 2 cupcakes, if I am careful, and they are smaller cupcakes, into the single serve size, and 4 into the larger styrofoam size. That was a hard lesson to learn. As far as containers to take them in. I use a double layer plastic boxes I get from Target, the only place I can find them, at a reasonable price. And my husband makes inserts for them out of foam core with holes for a dozen cupcakes. Haven't had too many problems. other than my 11 year old granddaughter dropping a dozen once. I just love her so much, she felt so so bad, I didn't even have the heart to say anything to her, except that it was ok. She almost cried herself too.

Bakedivas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bakedivas Posted 3 Oct 2011 , 4:09am
post #5 of 5

You can go to www.wesellcoffee.com to get the plastic containers.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%