Separate Kitchen Inspection

Business By longtimecaker Updated 29 Sep 2011 , 4:10pm by Annabakescakes

longtimecaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
longtimecaker Posted 29 Sep 2011 , 7:27am
post #1 of 2

Hi, I have been reading in here and ouring over these forums for a long time and I am going to have a kitchen inspection next week in a garage i turned into a bakery and now i need to know it the health inspector comes in your house to look around too or if he just looks in the garage? I have a separate entrance so nobody HAS to come in the house. I don't have a bathroom out there, just in here. Should I make sure it is really clean in here too and make sure i have paper towels in the bathroom? I always wash my hands in there and use a hand towel, then go in the bakery and wash them again and use a paper towel because i have a "thing" with door knobs I think they are nasty and I hate to touch them so I always wash again. and BTW, my hand towels are changed everyday and I am the only one who uses them, my kids use their clothes, lol. I don't have pets either.

1 reply
Annabakescakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Annabakescakes Posted 29 Sep 2011 , 4:10pm
post #2 of 2

I have the same set-up and nobody came in m house, though I think there is a lady in the area who said someone came in her house.

I am the same way about handwashing after the bathroom, but I don't bother to dry my hands after washing them in the bathroom, I leave them wet and rewsh when I get to the hand sink (right inside the door).

In Ky, they allow an exemption for having to wear gloves when touching food but you have to wash your hands twice, so I think that covers it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%