Help!need Suggestions For A Filling For Pumpkin Spice Cake?

Decorating By Brettley Updated 7 Oct 2011 , 5:07pm by Paperfishies

jules5000 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jules5000 Posted 2 Oct 2011 , 5:11pm
post #31 of 35

kdbohm: sorry to have messed your name up. I knew the o was before the h, but when I went back to review my message I didn't catch it, sorry again. Would love that cinnamon ganache recipe.

Adevag Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Adevag Posted 2 Oct 2011 , 5:53pm
post #32 of 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by tdovewings

yes, I use the same amount of brown sugar as white sugar in my SMBC, and just do a simple subsitution

Great. Thanks! I just asked this question in another thread but would love to hear what anyone with experience has to say. When you make this, do you use light or dark brown sugar?

tdovewings Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tdovewings Posted 2 Oct 2011 , 7:54pm
post #33 of 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adevag

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdovewings

yes, I use the same amount of brown sugar as white sugar in my SMBC, and just do a simple subsitution

Great. Thanks! I just asked this question in another thread but would love to hear what anyone with experience has to say. When you make this, do you use light or dark brown sugar?

I use brown sugar, but for a deeper flavor you can use dark sugar. I just think the dark sugar tastes to strong

kdbohm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kdbohm Posted 7 Oct 2011 , 12:50am
post #34 of 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by jules5000

kdbohm: sorry to have messed your name up. I knew the o was before the h, but when I went back to review my message I didn't catch it, sorry again. Would love that cinnamon ganache recipe.

No problem! I've just had a busy week and haven't had a chance to reply.

This is the recipe I've always used:

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/chocolate-ganache/detail.aspx

I just substituted the chocolate with cinnamon chips. The cinnamon chips I have found only come in a 10 oz bag, but it just takes a little playing around with it. I think I used slightly less cream too.

Paperfishies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Paperfishies Posted 7 Oct 2011 , 5:07pm
post #35 of 35

Cinnamon cream cheese filling! I just did 8 dozen pumpkin spice cupcakes with cinnamon cream cheese filling. Everyone raved about them.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%