Kitchen/ Bakery

Business By FavorChoc Updated 25 Sep 2011 , 2:24pm by ConfectionsCC

FavorChoc Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FavorChoc Posted 25 Sep 2011 , 12:47pm
post #1 of 3

I am seriously considering converting a room in my home to become my cake kitchen or bakery. I am open to suggestions of what works well for you. Also any links of things you have found helpful on the internet. What is some must have equipment? Basically looking for ideas to have an efficient work space.

2 replies
leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 25 Sep 2011 , 1:59pm
post #2 of 3

Will you state/city allow you to do this?

ConfectionsCC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ConfectionsCC Posted 25 Sep 2011 , 2:24pm
post #3 of 3

Ask your state officials if this is possible in the first place!!! You will waste a lot of time and money if they do not allow it. Second, the HD will have the most say in space lay out because they may require certain things to be so far away from each other, require certain sanitation methods which include for most states, a 3 compartment sink, hand washing sink, and mop sink. Some states even require that any appliances be commercial grade only. MS requires that the dishwasher be a commercial one, but my oven can be residential grade....everything must be a smooth, easily cleanable surface as well... HD will help you with all of this!!! They are very very helpful and only want you to have a clean legal space to work from so don't be afraid to shoot them a visit icon_biggrin.gif HTH!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%