Cake Pops

Baking By Chris0306 Updated 25 Sep 2011 , 7:31pm by becca_224

Chris0306 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Chris0306 Posted 24 Sep 2011 , 8:07pm
post #1 of 4

I have never made cake pops before...I have done cakes and make and sell chocolate on the side...can anyone tell me how long do cake pops stay fresh after they are dipped in chocolate. When making my chocolate candies I can make them ahead of time...but I am now sure about cake pops.

Any info will help. javascript:emoticon('icon_biggrin.gif')

3 replies
pj22 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pj22 Posted 24 Sep 2011 , 9:25pm
post #2 of 4

I think they stay good in the fridge for 2 weeks or at room temp for 4-5 days. Please correct me if I'm wrong!

But careful with putting them in the fridge... the candy coating sweats and leaves condensation on the cake pops that you can't get rid off and if you have white coating with sprinkles, they can bleed color on the pops and ruin them.

MendaBuck Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MendaBuck Posted 25 Sep 2011 , 7:08pm
post #3 of 4

I am looking for some insight on making cake pops. I have made two different batches of these cute little pops, the first batch was a total disaster, because I dipped them into frosting. Needless to say, they were smushy! The second batch that I made, I used the candy melts. these turned out really good, but I had problems with the dipping. No matter how hard I tried the candy melts seemed to be too thick, and I could not get the pops smooth. Is there a trick that I missed when using the candy melts to get them a little thinner, and easier to make smooth once the pops are dipped? Any advice would be greatly appreciate! And thank you in advance for any advice. icon_biggrin.gif

becca_224 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
becca_224 Posted 25 Sep 2011 , 7:31pm
post #4 of 4

If you are using the candy melts, you can add a little bit of shortening at a time until you reach the consistency you want. Or, you could add paraffin wax a little at a time. This gives a nice, shiny coating, but careful with the amt. of wax, too much can taste weird. My mother uses paraffin to dip her coconut balls every Christmas and they are amazing! I made some pops recently and they were at room temp from Tues-Fri without any problem. Good Luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%