Request For Buttercream W/o Butter??

Baking By noosie Updated 22 Sep 2011 , 6:08pm by Moovaughan

noosie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
noosie Posted 22 Sep 2011 , 5:39pm
post #1 of 3

Hey Everyone. I have a request for a truffle filled cake. Normally I would crumb coat & Torte with my favorite vanilla buttercream but client hates butter. I know there are pure shortening buttercreams but they are not my favorite. Can anyone recommend what I can crumb coat & torte my chocolate truffle filled cake with???? Any recipes welcome!! =o)

2 replies
Moovaughan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Moovaughan Posted 22 Sep 2011 , 6:02pm
post #2 of 3

If your filling you cake with truffle filling would'nt you use that for the torting process? Anyway, for the crumb coat Ganache! Ices beautifully and sets up hard and clean.

Chocolate Ganache Recipe 3 Ways
LifePrep time: 3 mins Cook time: 5 mins Total time: 8 mins Serves: 1.5 cupsThree different ways to use ganache as frosting, filling, and for piping.
Ingredients
12 ounces chocolate, chopped into small pieces
1 cup heavy cream
optional 3 tablespoons flavored liqueor
Instructions
Place chocolate pieces in a large bowl. Heat heavy cream on medium high until it comes to a boil. Remove from heat and immediately pour cream over chocolate and stir until completely mixed and glossy. Allow ganache to cool before pouring over cakes as a glaze. The longer you allow the ganache to cool, the thicker it will set. Typically I stick mine in the refrigerator so it is slightly cold before whipping. For piping or frosting, allow the ganache to completely cool and set up. When you are able to spoon the ganache and it can hold its texture, it is ready for piping8 oz

White chocolate ganache

10 ounces premium-quality white chocolate, finely chopped

2/3 cup heavy cream

1 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter, at room temperature and cut into 3 pieces

Moovaughan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Moovaughan Posted 22 Sep 2011 , 6:08pm
post #3 of 3

I probably shouldn't have use the word "hard" for the setting of ganache, it does not set up hard it sets and it is very easy to slice a knife through but it makes nice clean sharp edges and looks great by itself or under fondant!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%