Filling Flavor

Decorating By rozedcj Updated 23 Sep 2011 , 12:01pm by rozedcj

rozedcj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rozedcj Posted 22 Sep 2011 , 12:05am
post #1 of 6

Hi everyone!
my mom's birthday is coming up and im going to make her a designer handbag. the cake i am going to use is French Vanilla and i have no idea what kind of filling to put inside or what flavor frosting to use under the fondant. Does anyone have any suggestions? Or have made this flavor cake before?

5 replies
mfoxx9 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mfoxx9 Posted 22 Sep 2011 , 12:46am
post #2 of 6

French Vanilla is one of my most popular flavors! I usually just use my regular vanilla buttercream. Almond flavored buttercream, chocolate buttercream, or chocolate ganache would also be good. For the filling, any fruit filling would be wonderful (strawberry is my favorite). You could also just stick with a flavored buttercream filling if you want to keep it simple (vanilla, almond, chocolate, vanilla chai are all flavors that I have used with French Vanilla). A chocolate fudge filling is also one of my most popular fillings, and goes great with French Vanilla.

Good luck with the cake!

rozedcj Posted 22 Sep 2011 , 11:52am
post #3 of 6

thank you so much for the tips!! the all sound delicious!!

rozedcj Posted 22 Sep 2011 , 11:53am
post #4 of 6

what would you use for the fruit flavored fillings? like strawberry preserves?

mfoxx9 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mfoxx9 Posted 22 Sep 2011 , 12:17pm
post #5 of 6

You're welcome! Yes. Smuckers makes a great line of preserves called Orchard's Finest. They come in several flavors (I just found an apple cinnamon flavor that I'm dying to try). Some people prefer to make their own fruit fillings, but I find it safer to stick with the ones that come in a jar because of the cottage food laws in my state. That way, I know it doesn't need to be refrigerated.

rozedcj Posted 23 Sep 2011 , 12:01pm
post #6 of 6

that is excellent advice mfoxx9 i was just wondering if i would need to refrigerate the cake because of the filling! thanks so much for the tips!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%