Playing With An Airbrush...

Baking By CiNoRi Updated 19 Sep 2011 , 6:08pm by lilcakebaker

CiNoRi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CiNoRi Posted 19 Sep 2011 , 3:16pm
post #1 of 5

Does airbrush colors stick to chocolate or Candy coating... i thought about spraying some cake pops this week.

4 replies
monawhite_rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
monawhite_rose Posted 19 Sep 2011 , 3:49pm
post #2 of 5

I wouldn't think so, when we did chocolates in school to colour them we had to use a cocoa butter type colour because it solidified on the chocolate.

I can't say exactly what we used because it was years ago and I haven't done chocolate stuff in a long time. Maybe someone else knows what I'm talking about lol.

But I imagine just regular airbrush colour would just wipe off it it can't be abosrbed into whatever it is sprayed on.

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 19 Sep 2011 , 4:18pm
post #3 of 5

I don't think they will stick either. Most colors are water based so won't stick to chocolate. In culinary school we, too, airbrushed chocolates with coco butter mixtures. It was cool, but not anything I ever did in "the real world."

CiNoRi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CiNoRi Posted 19 Sep 2011 , 4:30pm
post #4 of 5

Cocoa Butter... thats what i was thinking but was not 100% thanks for confirming!

lilcakebaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lilcakebaker Posted 19 Sep 2011 , 6:08pm
post #5 of 5

Yes, actually it does. I airbrush my cake pops all the time. It dries perfectly fine and looks good.

edited to add....take it slowly when using the airbrush on chocolate, just a little bit of color will go a long way. If you use too high of a pressure it will act like oil to water.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%