Has Anyone Tried This Slicer...?????

Decorating By kathyw Updated 19 Sep 2011 , 8:38am by allaboutcakeuk

kathyw Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kathyw Posted 16 Sep 2011 , 8:14pm
post #1 of 7

Has anyone tried the "Piece of Cake" Layer slicing kit from KitchenKrafts?

http://www.kitchenkrafts.com/product.asp_Q_pn_E_BP3411&c2p=hp

6 replies
Rosie2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rosie2 Posted 16 Sep 2011 , 8:40pm
post #2 of 7

Yes, I bought it last year and I absolutely hated it!! so, it is now in it's box sitting in my garage catching dust! icon_cry.gif
Those aluminum layers move as you cut your cake. It comes with a knife that is not sharp at all so I ended up with a royal mess. Worst than the Wilton leveler thumbsdown.gif

lost_husband Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lost_husband Posted 16 Sep 2011 , 8:54pm
post #3 of 7

I must say that if you want to buy one leveler that you will cherish forever go with the Agbay. I know they are not cheap but I bought my wife one for Christmas last year after seeing everyone talk about it on here ( this forum is my secret santa, I get a lot of ideas here). She LOVES it, we got rid of all the others. Plus the customer service is so great with the product also

allaboutcakeuk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
allaboutcakeuk Posted 16 Sep 2011 , 8:56pm
post #4 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosie2

Yes, I bought it last year and I absolutely hated it!! so, it is now in it's box sitting in my garage catching dust! icon_cry.gif
Those aluminum layers move as you cut your cake. It comes with a knife that is not sharp at all so I ended up with a royal mess. Worst than the Wilton leveler thumbsdown.gif

Oh my I didn't think there could be anything worse than the large wilton leveller lol. I am awaiting my Agbay to come over as always hear such good things icon_biggrin.gif

Vanessa7 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Vanessa7 Posted 16 Sep 2011 , 9:23pm
post #5 of 7

You'll definitely love your Agbay! One of my favorite tools!!! icon_biggrin.gif[list=][/list]

Rosie2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rosie2 Posted 18 Sep 2011 , 11:55pm
post #6 of 7

Yeah, I know I've been putting off buying an Agbay since I'm just a hobby baker, but I've heard they came up with the Agbay Jr!! I'm giving it to myself for x-mas for sure this year!!!

allaboutcakeuk Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
allaboutcakeuk Posted 19 Sep 2011 , 8:38am
post #7 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosie2

Yeah, I know I've been putting off buying an Agbay since I'm just a hobby baker, but I've heard they came up with the Agbay Jr!! I'm giving it to myself for x-mas for sure this year!!!

ooo really that's pretty interesting. My friend is sending mine over I'm hoping soon as struggling with this stupid cheese wire of a leveller but it seems to work better than any other I hve found. I had the large Wilton, I cannot tell you the stress and tears that thing caused me!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%