Baking 2 Dozen Cupcakes Before Work This Morn. Cant Ice Till

Baking By branbrielliott2 Updated 16 Sep 2011 , 3:49pm by carolinagirlcakes

branbrielliott2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
branbrielliott2 Posted 16 Sep 2011 , 12:19pm
post #1 of 9

tomorrow morning. maybe realy late tonight but more likely tomorrow..party is at 3. What would be the easiest way to keep them from drying out. freeze till a.m freeze just 14 hours I will be gone and let them thaw overnight. just live them out, covered or uncovered .

8 replies
Narie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Narie Posted 16 Sep 2011 , 12:34pm
post #2 of 9

Cover carefully and seal then freeze. I wouldn't frost until morning, allow about an hour for the cupcakes to defrost.

me_me1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
me_me1 Posted 16 Sep 2011 , 12:48pm
post #3 of 9

I don't seem to have a problem with cupcakes drying out in that short a time period... not sure if I'm doing anything different. All I do is bake them and then give them a brush with sugar syrup while they are still warm out of the oven and that keeps them nice and moist until I can get around to frosting them - sometimes even two days later. I just keep them in an airtight cake tin. But I'm only a newbie... I may be doing things completely wrong! I don't have enough room in my freezer to be able to freeze cakes until I need them so this is how I do things. Seems to work fine for me though - I get good reviews on the flavour of my cupcakes.

erin12345 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
erin12345 Posted 16 Sep 2011 , 1:00pm
post #4 of 9

Would you please share your recipe for sugar syrup? About how much do you put on each cupcake? Thank you !

CalhounsCakery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CalhounsCakery Posted 16 Sep 2011 , 1:55pm
post #5 of 9

When I do cupcakes that I can't ice immedialty, I just put them in an airtight container still warm, and they acctually come out even better. The moisture gets locked in and the cupcakes absorb them. I keep them in the containers even after icing!

me_me1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
me_me1 Posted 16 Sep 2011 , 2:43pm
post #6 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by erin12345

Would you please share your recipe for sugar syrup? About how much do you put on each cupcake? Thank you !

I just do a half and half mix of sugar and boiling water. I dip in a mini pastry brush and give the tops a quick brushing. Hope that helps!

icon_smile.gif

erin12345 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
erin12345 Posted 16 Sep 2011 , 2:58pm
post #7 of 9

Thank you. I'll give it a try.

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 16 Sep 2011 , 3:36pm
post #8 of 9

Why won't an air tight container on the cabinet work? That's what I do all the time.

carolinagirlcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
carolinagirlcakes Posted 16 Sep 2011 , 3:49pm
post #9 of 9

I baked cupcakes Wednesday night and some Thursday morning... I still have several left over and ate some this morning and they are still delish!! Mine are on cooling racks sitting on the counter covered up with towels. Sometimes I put them in the microwave to keep out of the elements.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%