Hot Chocolate Fudge Cake

Baking By milly-mel Updated 18 Sep 2011 , 5:14am by sweettreat101

milly-mel Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
milly-mel Posted 11 Sep 2011 , 4:16pm
post #1 of 3

Hi everyone, I am looking for a recipe for a chocolate sponge and icing that I can heat up for a heavenly hot chocolate fudge cake. Does anyone have any recipes for this?

Thanks

2 replies
sweettreat101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweettreat101 Posted 18 Sep 2011 , 5:13am
post #2 of 3

Hot Cocoa cake - MacsMom
See "Cocoa cake" above...

Hot Cocoa Cupcakes ~ GrandmaG
1 box BC vanilla mix
4 whole eggs
1 C vanilla flavored soy milk with enough Ghirardelli's sweetened cocoa mix to taste for hot chocolate. You might have to warm this up for the chocolate to dissolve.
Add 1 tsp. vinegar to the soy milk mixture to make it buttermilk.
1/3 C canola oil
1 pkg of chocolate pudding mix
4 tsp. imitation chocolate flavoring (it took that much to get it right for me)
1/4 tsp. salt

Add the vinegar to the soy milk and let it sit while adding the other ingredients. Mix all together and bake at 350. My cupcakes took about 22 minutes. It came out a nice hot cocoa flavor. I then filled with a milk chocolate ganache and topped with 2 cups of whipped liquid Bettercreme mixed with a jar of Smuckers marshmallow Sundae topping, 1 dram marshmallow LorAnn and some mini marshmallows. The topping was the best part but I'm sure for a regular cake you could layer the ganache and topping in between cake layers.

sweettreat101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweettreat101 Posted 18 Sep 2011 , 5:14am
post #3 of 3

Cocoa Cake

2 chocolate cake mixes (milk chocolate is probably best)

1 2/3 c flour

1 2/3 c sugar

2/3 c dry hot cocoa mix

1 1/2 t salt

2 2/3 c hot cocoa (prepared)

2 c sour cream

6 eggs

1/4 c oil

*1 dram of peppermint LoRann if making candy cane flavor

I just use marshmallow creme straight from the jar but it's a messy slice. Perhaps it would be better to stir mini-marshmallows into milk chocolate truffle filling. LoRann makes a marshmallow flavor, so I think I will add that to my cake batter or fudge filling next time.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%