Desparately Looking For A Praline And Cream "filling&qu

Baking By sandeeb Updated 10 Sep 2011 , 3:26pm by imagenthatnj

sandeeb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sandeeb Posted 9 Sep 2011 , 10:08pm
post #1 of 8

Hi I am looking for a praline and cream filling for a wedding cake. If anyone has one they will share I would be so grateful.

sandeeb

7 replies
jenng1482 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenng1482 Posted 9 Sep 2011 , 10:22pm
post #2 of 8

There was just a recipe posted not too long ago for a praline ganache. Let me see....

jenng1482 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenng1482 Posted 9 Sep 2011 , 10:23pm
post #3 of 8

yep..Here it is

White Chocolate Butter Pecan Ganache

I wasnt to sure what to call this recipe, because it really is a ganache only different. It will remind you of Butter Pecan Ice Cream. I wanted ganache on my cake, but I also wanted to incorporate a Butter Pecan flavor. So, I combined the two flavors. Hope you like it as much as I do.
Ingredients
12 ounce bag of premium white chocolate morsels
4 ounces of heavy whipping cream
3 Tablespoons butter
1/4 cup chopped pecans
Instructions
In a microwave safe bowl, heat the heavy whipping cream just to boil. Pour in the white chocolate morsels. Let this sit for 1 minute without stirring. Slowly fold the mixture together. Do not beat it, as this incorporates bubbles. Place this in the frig for the time being. In an oven-safe pan. put your butter and pecans. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes, stirring occasionally. Let them cool completely. Once cool fold them into the white chocolate ganache. This is best use as a filling and not under fondant as the pecans will make bumps in your fondant. But it is so YUMMY!

scp1127 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
scp1127 Posted 10 Sep 2011 , 8:36am
post #4 of 8

A little brown sugar heated with the cream would enhance the praline taste.

Edit: Or add the brown sugar to your pecans before you bake.

AnnieCahill Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
AnnieCahill Posted 10 Sep 2011 , 11:25am
post #5 of 8

You can buy praline paste from King Arthur Flour. The brand is Love n Bake. I haven't tried it but I have heard it's delicious. There is a recipe on the back of the can for a meringue buttercream made with it. Alternatively, you could probably just add some of it into your regular BC recipe.

Occther Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Occther Posted 10 Sep 2011 , 12:04pm
post #6 of 8

I made a praline cream filling by making my own praline pecans. Chopped them finely. Then flavored my buttercream with praline flavoring (from Savannah Cinnamon company) and folded in the pecans. Used it for a pumpkins spice cake. Delish!!

sandeeb Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sandeeb Posted 10 Sep 2011 , 2:37pm
post #7 of 8

Thank you all for the quick response. They all sound very good.

sandeeb

imagenthatnj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imagenthatnj Posted 10 Sep 2011 , 3:26pm
post #8 of 8

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%