Cake Made To Look Like A Mound Of Nachos

Decorating By Hcraley24 Updated 10 Sep 2011 , 5:05pm by katie725

Hcraley24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Hcraley24 Posted 7 Sep 2011 , 11:37pm
post #1 of 4

I have another order for a cake that is to resemble Nachos, It needs to feed at least 60 so I was thinking a tiered cake with "chips" covering it. Customer only wants orange "cheese" on the nachos so no other toppings.
Anyone have any ideas for this one? Thanks so much icon_biggrin.gif

3 replies
lilcakebaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lilcakebaker Posted 8 Sep 2011 , 3:51am
post #2 of 4

Can you make the plate where the Nachos are sitting cake as well? I think it would help the over all look and it being more to scale with a real plate of Nachos.

loriemoms Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
loriemoms Posted 8 Sep 2011 , 4:26am
post #3 of 4

I have done many taco cakes with nachos with the tacos...I guess you could make the bowl out of cake, and then add the nachos on top. I roll out gum paste and texture it with a texture mat that has little bumps on it. I put them on those flower half round plastic things that Wilton and other makes to make them curl...let them dry for a day or two. I then airbrush them here and there with some tan coloring, peach coloring and I have this one orange that is kind of a lighter orange.

For the cheese, that part is easy. I put a bunch of piping gel in my orange velvetta colored buttercream and then just pipe the cheese on it...

I hope this helps! Oh and I also cut up green and red fondant "pieces" to make it look like a little salsa is on them

katie725 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
katie725 Posted 10 Sep 2011 , 5:05pm
post #4 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by loriemoms

I have done many taco cakes with nachos with the tacos...I guess you could make the bowl out of cake, and then add the nachos on top. I roll out gum paste and texture it with a texture mat that has little bumps on it. I put them on those flower half round plastic things that Wilton and other makes to make them curl...let them dry for a day or two. I then airbrush them here and there with some tan coloring, peach coloring and I have this one orange that is kind of a lighter orange.

For the cheese, that part is easy. I put a bunch of piping gel in my orange velvetta colored buttercream and then just pipe the cheese on it...

I hope this helps! Oh and I also cut up green and red fondant "pieces" to make it look like a little salsa is on them

this a great idea! i was going to say something similar to this. what about using orange/yellowish royal icing over the nachos?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%