A Candle Right On Top Of The Cake?

Decorating By cakeastic Updated 7 Sep 2011 , 5:28pm by nursingnellie

cakeastic Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeastic Posted 7 Sep 2011 , 2:03pm
post #1 of 5

So I have a client who wants a baptism cake that has gumpaste angels that surround a candle in the center of the cake (as if they're praying). Now I think that is a great idea but my only concern is wheather the candle would ruin the cake by melting the fondant underneath or even the gumpaste angels that surround it, since it will be lit for quite a while. And I'm talking about those little tea candles that come in little metal cups not the birthday cake ones. So do you think i should cover the candle with something or it wouldn't really affect the cake? Also, how do you think I should decorate the sides of the cake, since the angels on top won't be enough. Thanks A Lot!

4 replies
Mammadukes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mammadukes Posted 7 Sep 2011 , 2:23pm
post #2 of 5

Why don't you or they use one of those battery operated tea light candles I get them at the dollar store some times they come 3 in a pack and they say they last about 6 hrs HTH

grama_j Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grama_j Posted 7 Sep 2011 , 3:20pm
post #3 of 5

ABSOLUTELY use the battery operated candles..... I use them all the time, and LOVE them.......

cakeastic Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeastic Posted 7 Sep 2011 , 4:39pm
post #4 of 5

That's a great idea- thank you. Now lets just hope I find them icon_biggrin.gif

nursingnellie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nursingnellie Posted 7 Sep 2011 , 5:28pm
post #5 of 5

This time of year they start to have them everywhere - stores stock them for Halloween. We use them in our jack-o-lanterns, and I have gotten them in craft stores, drugstores, and dollar stores. Good luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%