Really Good Recipe For Rolled Fondant

Baking By Panel7124 Updated 8 Sep 2011 , 7:35pm by Panel7124

Panel7124 Posted 3 Sep 2011 , 7:27pm
post #1 of 7

I use Wilton rolled fondant recipe, it's ok but sometimes it's too dry or 'gummy'. I've tried to cut on gelatine, added 50 g of white chocolate and a strong vanilla flavour. Taste and smell are awesome but I'm not fully satisfied with the consistency. I did not find any interesting recipe for RF on CC and don't use MMF. Does anybody knows really good rolled fondant recipe? Thanks a lot.

6 replies
bakingkat Posted 3 Sep 2011 , 7:52pm
post #2 of 7

I love love love Michelle Foster's Fondant (MFF) recipe that is on here. http://cakecentral.com/recipes/7432/michele-fosters-updated-fondant

Panel7124 Posted 4 Sep 2011 , 7:22am
post #3 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by bakingkat

I love love love Michelle Foster's Fondant (MFF) recipe that is on here. http://cakecentral.com/recipes/7432/michele-fosters-updated-fondant

Thanks bakingkat, I've seen this recipe before on CC I wanted to try it but can't find any corn syrup icon_sad.gif . I think to add glucose instead could work..

bakingkat Posted 4 Sep 2011 , 5:22pm
post #4 of 7

Yeah I think it might. I know others have used a boiled sugar/water syrup to replace it, I bet you could find a recipe for corn syrup substitute online. We don't really use gluclose over here in the states so I cant say for certain. Good Luck!

SweetDelites Posted 8 Sep 2011 , 4:08pm
post #5 of 7

I started using glucose in my MMF, so one on here told me to try it. It works really well.

mumof3 Posted 8 Sep 2011 , 4:36pm
post #6 of 7

I really love Michelle Foster's Fondant! I can't hep you with corn syrup but I found that substituting the butter with crisco and using a clear flavour or even vanilla sugar, it produces a fondant that is more white then ivory. I recently learnt (and this seems more obvious now that I know!!) that if you don't start off with white fondant, it is harder to achieve the colour you want to achieve when colouring the fondant. Hope this helps....

Panel7124 Posted 8 Sep 2011 , 7:35pm
post #7 of 7

icon_lol.gif yesterday I looked at the 'ingredients' on my Wilton Glucose and there is: 'Corn syrup' icon_lol.gif

I don't use butter - only solid vegetable shortening (cocconut shortening is the most white) and inverted vanillinated sugar (liquid) which is quite clear and my fondant is always very white. I also find it difficult to color right anything not white - like white chocolate icon_cry.gif

Thanks to everybody for sharing your experience, people here on CC are always so helpful!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%