Marine Inspired Cake Idea

Decorating By abunintheoven Updated 31 Aug 2011 , 7:53am by KodiSnip

abunintheoven Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
abunintheoven Posted 28 Aug 2011 , 5:28pm
post #1 of 5

Received an order from a customer for a 1/2 sheet cake for next weekend for her son who has returned home from Iraq with the Marines. Need thoughts if you have any on a cake idea without using the exact marine logo. Thank you!!

4 replies
The-skinny-cook Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
The-skinny-cook Posted 29 Aug 2011 , 2:55am
post #2 of 5

Many units have a special patch made up for their deployments. If you can get a copy of one (or even the traditional Unit patch), you can trace it onto the cake, outline it in black royal icing and do a stained glass effect by filling in the rest with tinted gel. My Sgt is promoted this week and I am doing a Warrant Officer rank on a cake with the Same technique as a gift.

SarahBeth3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SarahBeth3 Posted 29 Aug 2011 , 1:33pm
post #3 of 5

You could make it look like a shirt he usually wears or the one he will be coming home in. You could make it look like an American flag and then make a 3D replica of his hat (and maybe some dog tags) and place it on top & pipe out a welcome home message on top. Instead of a flag on top, you could do bunting on the sides instead. Or you could make a FBCT for the top of what he specifically does in the Marines.

abunintheoven Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
abunintheoven Posted 30 Aug 2011 , 1:51am
post #4 of 5

Thank you for your replies! I appreciate it!!!!

KodiSnip Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KodiSnip Posted 31 Aug 2011 , 7:53am
post #5 of 5

Maybe a camouflage cake? The all BC camo cakes are awesome! You could do a FBCT of the Marine logo (eagle globe anchor) to complete it

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%