Do You Upcharge For Holiday Weekend Orders?

Business By Swede-cakes Updated 28 Aug 2011 , 3:36am by Swede-cakes

Swede-cakes Posted 27 Aug 2011 , 5:08am
post #1 of 6

Just curious if any of you upcharge wedding orders that you take for holiday weekends? Or do you just charge normal prices? I learned that Christmas eve/day is an entire weekend this year because a couple contacted me with a wedding date of Friday, 12/23/11.

Thanks!

5 replies
jason_kraft Posted 27 Aug 2011 , 5:28am
post #2 of 6

We typically close for the Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays to spend time with family, but if we were open we wouldn't charge extra.

scp1127 Posted 27 Aug 2011 , 6:28am
post #3 of 6

Closed too.

cakesbycathy Posted 27 Aug 2011 , 5:48pm
post #4 of 6

I will take orders for the day before Thanksgiving but not on Thanksgiving or the day after.
I will take orders up to Dec 23rd. I will not take anything for the 24th thru 27th.
I will do Dec. 30th but not the 31st, Jan 1st or Jan 2nd.

For a Dec 23rd wedding I would charge an additional holiday fee.

costumeczar Posted 27 Aug 2011 , 8:31pm
post #5 of 6

I usually close because I learned the hard way one year that cake+Holiday prep doesn't work well. If someone did beg me to do a cake I'd probably quote them a higher price to try to get them to go somewhere else, so I'd say yes to the upcharge.

Swede-cakes Posted 28 Aug 2011 , 3:36am
post #6 of 6

Thanks everyone. Considered what you all said and decided not to pursue this particular order. It would be pretty chaotic trying to prep for Christmas for three kids and a houseful of family members.

Low and behold, I just got another inquiry for a holiday. Smack dab in the middle of Memorial Day weekend next year! Ah well...Onward! icon_lol.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%