Cupcake Liners

Baking By cakepassion2010 Updated 31 Aug 2011 , 2:16am by instant-gratificaketion

cakepassion2010 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakepassion2010 Posted 27 Aug 2011 , 12:34am
post #1 of 16

Hi, Everytime i bake cupcakes with pretty liners in a nonstick muffin pan the liners get greasy and faded once the cupcakes are baked. I really want to give my cc beautiful look with liners but dont know what to to do.

15 replies
All4Show Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
All4Show Posted 27 Aug 2011 , 12:44am
post #2 of 16

Try Cupcake Creations. They are grease-proof. If you look at the chocolate cuppies on my page; they are made with Cupcake Creations zebra striped and hot pink liners. Even though the cuppies were chocolate you could still see the design. They sell them at Hobby Lobby.

cakepassion2010 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakepassion2010 Posted 27 Aug 2011 , 2:05am
post #3 of 16

Thanx. But there must be someway to deal with the ones Michaels or any other stores are selling?

All4Show Posted 29 Aug 2011 , 1:14am
post #4 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakepassion2010

Thanx. But there must be someway to deal with the ones Michaels or any other stores are selling?

They aren't grease proof, and this is why your design is "fading".

WLYB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
WLYB Posted 29 Aug 2011 , 2:10pm
post #5 of 16

Hi
This seems to be a common problem. It happens with supermarket liners but not with heavier greaseproof ones like ones made in sweden. I have no problem with ones from www.confectionatelyyours.com.au

saraek Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
saraek Posted 29 Aug 2011 , 2:49pm
post #6 of 16

I would check reviews on Cupcake Creations a bit more... I'm going to try them but a lot of people complain how the wrapper pulls away from the cupcake after baking. Apparently certain batters cause this to happen.

All4Show Posted 29 Aug 2011 , 7:23pm
post #7 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by saraek

I would check reviews on Cupcake Creations a bit more... I'm going to try them but a lot of people complain how the wrapper pulls away from the cupcake after baking. Apparently certain batters cause this to happen.

Haven't had a problem. Check out the zebra/hot pink cuppies in my photos. Didn't pull away and they were made with DH Fudge doctored mix. That's my review and I wouldn't endorse something I hadn't had a good experience with.

creativethoughts Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
creativethoughts Posted 29 Aug 2011 , 8:04pm
post #8 of 16

No no no no! 4.50 for only 36! yikes. Maybe if that's all that you need. if you want a good deal then go to the bakers kitchen and look at the grease proof liners. they have all colors and designs. I got some and when I saw them I was disappointed because they didn't seem like what I had ordered (they were a lot thinner than I thought they would be) but then I baked with them and they were perfect! Another thing is to go to a store like Fred Meyers (common store in the north west) and look for the Reynolds cupcake liners, recently they have been coming out with a foil liner that is lined with paper. there are not a ton of designs but they hold up great and no grease or fading! other options are to bake in a foil liner and once cool slip into paper liner with some sort of adhesive at the bottom of the liner to make them stick together!

imagenthatnj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imagenthatnj Posted 29 Aug 2011 , 8:22pm
post #9 of 16

I haven't tried it yet, but I heard someone puts the pretty liner outside and a white liner of the same size inside and bakes them that way. Kind of how the foil liners that are lined with paper work. I don't like foil, so I want to try this one day. Still thinking that if the top of the cupcake doesn't grasp both liners, the outside liner will separate.

cakeflake80 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeflake80 Posted 29 Aug 2011 , 8:30pm
post #10 of 16

I recently tried using the paper liner that comes with the foil liners....I always thought they were just there to separate the liners for easier removal from the package, not to bake in!! So anyways, I tried the paper liner inside the foil liner and baked that way. The majority of my cupcakes were separating from the foil outer liner once they cooled. Next time I won't use the paper liner on the inside. Also, I have a large cupcake order next weekend and I just bought some cupcakes liners on Ebay. I got 100 liners for about $3, total of $6 with shipping. I needed a certain color, and can't find it anywhere around here. The description says greaseproof and something about Sweden, so I am hoping they work out good!

imagenthatnj Posted 29 Aug 2011 , 8:49pm
post #11 of 16

I never knew that the liners for the foil ones were to bake on. I always threw them out. I thought they were separators.

As for the liners separating from the cupcakes, this is all I've been gathering from different places on the internet.

This is my post at another thread.

------
This has never happened to me; then again, I don't make cupcakes every day. I have found this "cause" a few times on the internet:

Turn the cupcakes out of the pans as soon as they are finished baking. If cupcakes are left in the pan too long while cooling, steam will condense between the cupcake and the pan, causing the liner to loosen.

http://www.flickr.com/groups/c.....340296444/

Some other forums (believe it or not, and this goes against Linda's theory) talk about the cause being overbaking. People do have this happening a lot with citrus cupcakes. At the Baking with Rose forum, it was advised to underbake citrus cupcakes slightly: "acidic batters set faster and so these could, in a sense, be overbaking."

And at another forum, some other people advised this:
Be sure to fill the cupcake pans full enough so that the batter will stick to the top of the paper liner, keeping it adhered. Cupcake pans should be filled 1/2 2/3 full.
------

http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopicp-7192068-.html#7192068

labmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
labmom Posted 30 Aug 2011 , 7:26pm
post #12 of 16

I was so excited about cupcake creations from sweeden, all the bright colors and designs. but after baking a plain vanilla cupcake this weekend with a little bit of btter cream frosting putting them in a box over night only to find that the papers were coming off the cupcakes. Yep, it looked like they had been peeled off. I was so disapointed after the excitement and thinking of the cost.
If you purchased some on ebay if they worked could you please let me know what seller you used. I need 200 for a wedding in november with a rustic theme. I found some on lesur table or some on line place like that. but i haven't ordered any from them yet.

But cupcake creations pretty but don't work even on the most basic of cupcake.

any suggestions for a rustic look for ones that work would be so appreciated.
can't use foil... the look just won't go. feel free to email or pm me with info.

thanks for your help in advance

imagenthatnj Posted 30 Aug 2011 , 7:45pm
post #13 of 16

labmom, what kind of a box did you use? I'm just curious because I've used the cupcake creations liners and this hasn't happened.

I do know that the brilliant colors fade into the cake, so not happy with that.

Did you take the cupcakes out of the pans soon enough?

Apti Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Apti Posted 30 Aug 2011 , 8:23pm
post #14 of 16

If you live on the west coast, go to Smart & Final and purchase a pack of 500 CupBakes Glassine Baking cups. They are white, inexpensive, (cost about $5-$6) and work perfect for me, every single time.

Unless a cupcake liner says on the label: grease resistant, it isn't! Grease resistant liners cost more, so they advertise to get the higher price. All of the Wilton liners are plain paper and will "muddy" in color when baked. I don't use anything BUT the Glassine Baking cups.

If you want "pretty liners", you can always stick your white liner baked cupcake inside a dry, pretty one. Personally, I prefer just to decorate the top and call it "good enough".

I'm trying to add a photo of the packaging, but it's not working...

labmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
labmom Posted 31 Aug 2011 , 1:54am
post #15 of 16

The design of cupcake creations I uses was called Elegant. Black with a swirl design on it. Very nice. Yes I took them out to cool on a rack but it wasnt till the next morning that they were coming off the cupcakes.

I am looking at some from another company and on ebay. I need around 200 of them for a "rustic" wedding in November but I want to buy them now to make sure they are going to be ok to work with. don't want to find out at the last minute that they are going to come off.

I am on the East coast. Any suggestions or the ebay supplier who was it? and were they in any colors.?

instant-gratificaketion Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
instant-gratificaketion Posted 31 Aug 2011 , 2:16am
post #16 of 16

I haven't had any issues with Cupcake Creations either, on any of my scratch recipes. I also use some of Reynolds designer liners and when I can find them glassine is awesome but kind of boring since I've only been able to find solid colors locally.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%