B-Day Cake Idea For Lab Tech Student??

Decorating By petitgateau Updated 26 Aug 2011 , 1:15pm by petitgateau

petitgateau Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
petitgateau Posted 25 Aug 2011 , 8:30pm
post #1 of 5

Any ideas besides needles icon_smile.gif Not sure if I can pull this off - but it would be fun for my son who's studying medical lab technology! Thanks!!

4 replies
DoniB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DoniB Posted 25 Aug 2011 , 8:44pm
post #2 of 5

maybe get a picture of the machine that spins the blood? That might be a simple design. Just a thought!

ConfectionsCC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ConfectionsCC Posted 25 Aug 2011 , 8:49pm
post #3 of 5

Hmm I was in school for Microbiology.....How about a cake featuring a bacteria cell!! There are some really cool ones, and maybe cover it in different color frosting, figure out a way when you cut it, you can see the nucleoid...here is a good diagram very similar to the ones in our text books! I think this would be really cool for someone working and studying in a lab icon_biggrin.gif I am a nerd though...hahahah!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Average_prokaryote_cell-_en.svg

labcat Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
labcat Posted 25 Aug 2011 , 9:23pm
post #4 of 5

I'm also studying medical lab technology. thumbs_up.gif

Definitely cultures (petri dishes), test tubes, slides, microscopes, centrifuge, oh- specimen jars tapedshut.gif .

Good luck and post pics!

petitgateau Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
petitgateau Posted 26 Aug 2011 , 1:15pm
post #5 of 5

Thank you! Great ideas! He is a nerd too and proud of it and can't stop talking about his program. He even took summer classes so he wouldn't experience withdrawal from school! I'll post a pic after his b-day later in September!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%