Mini Cupcake Liner Issue!!

Baking By jewelerkrystal311 Updated 30 Aug 2011 , 12:36pm by MadMillie

jewelerkrystal311 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jewelerkrystal311 Posted 25 Aug 2011 , 5:13pm
post #1 of 3

Hi all -- I have the regular white paper Wilton mini cupcake liners and just your standard mini cupcake pan... for some reason the liners don't fit into the pan or something, and they creat oddly shaped minis instead of the perfect minis you get from a store and whatnot.. any ideas on why this is? it's as if the papers are too big or something?

The photo below is the best photo I could find online to help understand what I'm talking about..how the liners look crammed in-- however, even after baked, they are formed that way into the cake, making it awkward and not sitting on the table properly or anything. HELP!! Image thanks littlebirdiesecrets.com for photo

2 replies
aprilismaius Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aprilismaius Posted 29 Aug 2011 , 5:42pm
post #2 of 3

Sometimes liners get stretched out, especially when they aren't packed in a rigid type of packaging and they are able to expand outwards. The way Wilton packages them encourages stretching and malformation. I order all of my mini liners from Australia now and they are always in perfect shape, never stretched out like those

MadMillie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MadMillie Posted 30 Aug 2011 , 12:36pm
post #3 of 3

I just had the same thing happen with the Wilton minis. I am throwing them out. They aren't greese proof either. I am probably going to order some of the Cupcake Creation liners.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%