Cupcake Domes :(

Baking By sweet_tooth85 Updated 25 Aug 2011 , 7:08am by amaryllis756

sweet_tooth85 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweet_tooth85 Posted 24 Aug 2011 , 9:25am
post #1 of 3

Someone will hopefully have the answer to this annoying problem of mine. WHY do my cupcakes occasionally bake in a huge dome shape, but other times bake beautiful and round? It's like the have errupted! They generally all lean in a dome shape to one side...... and I have no idea why????

*sad panda*

2 replies
susies1955 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
susies1955 Posted 24 Aug 2011 , 9:49am
post #2 of 3

I was watching cupcake girls the other day and they had one of the men in the shop bake one day and they came out domed. Come to find out he was using OUT OF THE FRIDGE ingredients instead of room temperature and they said that is why the cupcakes come out domed.
There could be other reasons but I'm not sure what. icon_smile.gif
Susie

amaryllis756 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
amaryllis756 Posted 25 Aug 2011 , 7:08am
post #3 of 3

Cuopcakes amaze me. I get the same problem. I checked my stove, and my oven racks and everything is level. After much debate with my husband who is a techincal person, we have come to the conclusion that it might be the pans, because only some of the cupcakes come out leaning over. Now about the domes. This much I learned. If you want high domes, bake your cupcakes faster. Some people here have said that they bake them 25-50 degrees hotter for 10 mins and bring the temp down and finish bakiing them. I found that I just put my cc up to 375 degrees and bake them for a shorter time. They don't come out any drier, if you cut the time down, you just have to watch them closer. The hotter the oven, the higher the dome.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%