???'s About Chantilly Frosting

Baking By bakemeacakeandmore Updated 23 Aug 2011 , 11:35pm by FleurDeCake

bakemeacakeandmore Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakemeacakeandmore Posted 23 Aug 2011 , 8:35pm
post #1 of 7

I just had a bride call requesting Chantilly Frosting on her wedding cake. I found a recipe on here but I'm wondering if anyone has tried it. If you have does it need to be refridgerated and does it crust?

Thanks in advance for your help!!!

6 replies
imagenthatnj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imagenthatnj Posted 23 Aug 2011 , 9:05pm
post #2 of 7

Did they say "Chantilly Frosting" or "Créme Chantilly Frosting"?

You might have to make sure about what the bride really wants so that there's no confusion. There's a cake from Hawaii with a chantilly frosting that has egg yolks, that I've heard it's not stable at all.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chantilly_cake

Then there's Chantilly Cream (and some people call it frosting!!):
http://www.joepastry.com/category/pastry-components/chantilly-cream/

Here's a Stabilized Chantilly Crème Frosting:
http://eatdrinkwashup.blogspot.com/2011/04/im-craving-cake.html

I hope the bride is not asking for the one from Hawaii.

bakemeacakeandmore Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakemeacakeandmore Posted 23 Aug 2011 , 10:22pm
post #3 of 7

I hope it's not the one from Hawaii too!! I don't think she really knows what she's wanting. She said that her sister had Strawberry Chantilly icing /frosting on her wedding cake. But can't find any recipes for that. I'll give her a call and get her to get more info on her sisters cake.

Thanks for the advice imagenthatnj!!

The Stabilized Chantilly Crème Frosting sounds great. I might need to give that one a try icon_biggrin.gif

imagenthatnj Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
imagenthatnj Posted 23 Aug 2011 , 10:33pm
post #4 of 7

Most likely is the Chantilly Créme, flavored with strawberry. I think the Hawaiian one is very specific and it doesn't get flavored any other way. It's kind of brownish and I've seen it sliding on cakes.

My sister in South America uses chantilly creme all the time. She made 100 cupcakes once for a party. They were outside and it was pretty hot, so they had to serve them ahead of the rest of the food because they started melting.

I'm always grateful for the questions because it makes me search for an answer. I'm going to send her this stabilized one and ask her to try it (even though now I'm going to get the question about how to get mascarpone cheese...lol...she might have to make it from scratch).

Sometimes she's told me that she gets the "powder" to make it. So I guess there's a fake one around. I'm all about scratch, so I don't even want to hear it. I'm saying this because since there's a lot of dairy, even the stabilized one has to be kept cold!

josefina20 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
josefina20 Posted 23 Aug 2011 , 11:00pm
post #5 of 7

great posting

josefina20 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
josefina20 Posted 23 Aug 2011 , 11:02pm
post #6 of 7

great posting

FleurDeCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FleurDeCake Posted 23 Aug 2011 , 11:35pm
post #7 of 7

that Stabalized recipe sounds great . I think I will try it . thanks