New Cake Artist Has To Create Business Cake For 100 People!

Decorating By Nessalea Updated 22 Aug 2011 , 7:39pm by Nessalea

Nessalea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Nessalea Posted 22 Aug 2011 , 4:45am
post #1 of 4

Hello and thank you for taking the time to read my post.

I am fairly new to the cake decorating world (more like just picking it up again after a few years) My plan is to enhance my skills and open a bakery/ event planning business with a friend of mine once we have enough experience. The bank I am working for is hosting a fundraiser to petition the community for donations for a 4 year university extension branch close to us. We live in a small, rural area, so being able to get a 4 year university close to home would be very beneficial!

Since they know I have a printer for edible images, I have been asked to make a cake for this event. It is in about 4 weeks. I planned on making a full sheet cake with the bank logo. ( no worries about copyright, I have permission) I am unsure on what flavor to make, since I don't want to get too "foo foo" with the flavors since I have to appeal to mass taste buds. But I also don't want it to be so bland that the day I decide to open my own shop, they remember how bland my cake was and not want to order from me. I also am not sure if the cake should just have the edible bank logo and borders? I cant get too fancy on it since it is a donation and business cake. Any thoughts or suggestions are much appreciated!

3 replies
Stacey75 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Stacey75 Posted 22 Aug 2011 , 5:33am
post #2 of 4

What about marble with bavarian cream? If it is a donation for a event you might want to make something with a WOW factor, just so people remember you.

angelleyes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
angelleyes Posted 22 Aug 2011 , 6:00am
post #3 of 4

Maybe chocolate and vanillia... with a good but not so hard filling... Maybe like a strawberry moose.. Or u could put a cookie in the middle, from what I have read it's easy. And everyone got awesome reviews over the cookie in the middle.. I'm gonna try it on my next cake

Nessalea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Nessalea Posted 22 Aug 2011 , 7:39pm
post #4 of 4

Thanks! Chocolate and Vanilla does seem to be a good "meet in the middle" style of cake!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%