New Cake Artist Has To Create Business Cake For 100 People!

Decorating By Nessalea Updated 22 Aug 2011 , 7:39pm by Nessalea

Nessalea Posted 22 Aug 2011 , 4:45am
post #1 of 4

Hello and thank you for taking the time to read my post.

I am fairly new to the cake decorating world (more like just picking it up again after a few years) My plan is to enhance my skills and open a bakery/ event planning business with a friend of mine once we have enough experience. The bank I am working for is hosting a fundraiser to petition the community for donations for a 4 year university extension branch close to us. We live in a small, rural area, so being able to get a 4 year university close to home would be very beneficial!

Since they know I have a printer for edible images, I have been asked to make a cake for this event. It is in about 4 weeks. I planned on making a full sheet cake with the bank logo. ( no worries about copyright, I have permission) I am unsure on what flavor to make, since I don't want to get too "foo foo" with the flavors since I have to appeal to mass taste buds. But I also don't want it to be so bland that the day I decide to open my own shop, they remember how bland my cake was and not want to order from me. I also am not sure if the cake should just have the edible bank logo and borders? I cant get too fancy on it since it is a donation and business cake. Any thoughts or suggestions are much appreciated!

3 replies
Stacey75 Posted 22 Aug 2011 , 5:33am
post #2 of 4

What about marble with bavarian cream? If it is a donation for a event you might want to make something with a WOW factor, just so people remember you.

angelleyes Posted 22 Aug 2011 , 6:00am
post #3 of 4

Maybe chocolate and vanillia... with a good but not so hard filling... Maybe like a strawberry moose.. Or u could put a cookie in the middle, from what I have read it's easy. And everyone got awesome reviews over the cookie in the middle.. I'm gonna try it on my next cake

Nessalea Posted 22 Aug 2011 , 7:39pm
post #4 of 4

Thanks! Chocolate and Vanilla does seem to be a good "meet in the middle" style of cake!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%