How Do You Get Inspired?

Baking By caymancake Updated 21 Aug 2011 , 10:12pm by Wildgirl

caymancake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
caymancake Posted 21 Aug 2011 , 4:52am
post #1 of 6

So every few weeks, I offer my customers a "cupcake sampler" where I try out different flavour combinations. Some are random, and some are themed but it goes over really well with my clients. I think it's a fun way to try out new flavour combinations and to inspire my customers to think outside of the box when it comes to cake flavour combinations. I'm one of the few custom cakers on island that uses fillings (many just use single layer cakes or will just use whatever icing they are icing with to fill) so I think it adds a little extra oomph with the flavours.

I just did a "Death by Chocolate" cupcake sampler this weekend - a TOTAL HIT! I uploaded photos of the various cupcakes and they are in my gallery - please take a peek! I hope that they inspire some of you out there! So that leads me to my question...

What inspires your flavour combinations??

5 replies
caymancake Posted 21 Aug 2011 , 4:57pm
post #3 of 6

Never mind - the links won't work - the CC moderators felt that all of my cupcakes were "alike" and lumped them all into one...I have no idea how 7 completely different cupcakes - which are all 7 different flavour combinations are all the same because they are the all based on a chocolate base - especially how they each are decorated differently, but whatever. So now you can find:
- almond joy cupcakes
- german chocolate cupcakes
- chocolate toffee cupcakes
- peanut butter cup cupcakes
- thin mint cupcakes
- mocha cupcakes
- black forest cupcakes
all lumped in under black forest cupcakes. I have no idea how that makes sense - but please - still look and get inspired - especially if you are a chocolate lover!

SweetSuzieQ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetSuzieQ Posted 21 Aug 2011 , 5:41pm
post #4 of 6

I find inpiration in so many different places. I always have cupcakes on the brain so, I'm always thinking about how something will translate into a cupcake! LOL. I read a lot of food blogs and, I find those give me the biggest inspiration.

JamAndButtercream Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JamAndButtercream Posted 21 Aug 2011 , 5:42pm
post #5 of 6

One of each now please! icon_lol.gif

Wildgirl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Wildgirl Posted 21 Aug 2011 , 10:12pm
post #6 of 6

Yummy!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%