Urgent Help, Please!

Decorating By KayMc Updated 20 Aug 2011 , 5:53pm by KayMc

KayMc Posted 20 Aug 2011 , 4:06pm
post #1 of 7

I did a stupid thing. We're having another couple over tonight after dinner for dessert and drinks. I made my go to white cake (white on white cake) and ....here comes the stupid: tried a new frosting recipe. It's a SMBC with cream cheese added to it. The person who posted this recipe (on here) said the frosting was very soft,and she is right! This is not a cake I'm decorating, so I thought it would be ok to use. It is extremely soft, and I'm afraid it'll run off my cake as the day progresses. I put it in the fridge for exactly 10 minutes to firm it up (that was an hour ago), and so far so good.

Does anyone think I should put it in the fridge again during the afternoon? You know how hard SMBC gets when chilled.

WHAT SHOULD I DO????????????? thanks in advance for any help...........Kay

6 replies
lrlt2000 Posted 20 Aug 2011 , 4:11pm
post #2 of 7

I have no idea, with the cream cheese added. If you're not decorating, I'd leave it in the fridge to be safe, until 30 *minutes before cutting. Good luck!

KayMc Posted 20 Aug 2011 , 4:16pm
post #3 of 7

But I thought that with SMBC, once it's been in the fridge, you need to rewhip it in order to get it back to frosting consistency. Am I wrong? I'm afraid my cake will be covered in a hard, buttery goo instead of the deliscious SMBC. By the way, the flavor of this frosting is to die for!! It's just so SOFT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111

texastj Posted 20 Aug 2011 , 4:24pm
post #4 of 7

I freeze and refrigerate cupcakes with SMBC frosting all the time. I pull them out 2-3 hrs before it's ready to be served and have never had a problem. Just thaw and eat. No rewhipping required. The appearance should not change at all. HTH

KayMc Posted 20 Aug 2011 , 5:05pm
post #5 of 7

Texastj,
Thanks for your response. And, once thawed, does the frosting still taste all dreamy and cloud-like meringue, and not just buttery?

elainemc Posted 20 Aug 2011 , 5:30pm
post #6 of 7

smbc is the only icing i use bc of the incredible taste. i leave in tje fridge and then yake it out for about 45 min before serving. the consistency is creamy and buttery, delish

KayMc Posted 20 Aug 2011 , 5:53pm
post #7 of 7

OK, thank you all! I will leave the cake in the fridge, and take it out before we eat. Thanks again.

PS - I made home made vanilla ice cream to go with it, and have lovely sparkling white wine. And, will be sharing with great friends. Looking forward to it.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%