Wilton Slide-N-Cut Edge Cutter

Decorating By molly_36 Updated 20 Aug 2011 , 6:44am by platinumlady

molly_36 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
molly_36 Posted 20 Aug 2011 , 3:01am
post #1 of 8

I just saw this advertised for the first time. Has anyone used this and if so, what did you think of it? Curious...

7 replies
leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 20 Aug 2011 , 3:26am
post #2 of 8

never heard of it. What's it for exactly? Or what edges does it cut?

crushed Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
crushed Posted 20 Aug 2011 , 3:30am
post #3 of 8

I just looked this up. It looks similar to slide paper cutters people use for scrapbooking. The Wilton website says it can cut their sugar sheets, gumpaste or fondant.

dsilvest Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dsilvest Posted 20 Aug 2011 , 3:32am
post #4 of 8

Leah it looks like a paper cutter. The blade slides along the bed and cuts the fondant/gumpaste.
I am wondering if a real paper cutter (cheaper) would work the same as the Wilton one?

molly_36 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
molly_36 Posted 20 Aug 2011 , 3:53am
post #5 of 8

A new gadget! Always on the lookout for something new but to me it looks like nothing more than what my pizza cutter or wavy ribbon cutter can do. Was just wondering if I was missing something spectacular about it???? icon_confused.gif

krumbledkakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
krumbledkakes Posted 20 Aug 2011 , 6:24am
post #6 of 8

Looks like it works just like a normal paper cutter. If it's cheaper, I would go for it, if not, I would grab a scrap booking paper cutter. I've never used the wilton sugar sheets, but besides that I don't really know what it would be used for.

People don't cut their fondant until it's on their cake. Can't exactly stick that under your fondant once it's on your cake. Unless someone has had a great experience/result with it or you use the sugar sheets....I wouldn't waste money on it

platinumlady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
platinumlady Posted 20 Aug 2011 , 6:35am
post #7 of 8

What wilton is doing is coming out with it's own version of different things decorators have started using like for example they have something similar to an exacto knife with a rubber grip. Stuff like that. So just like the punches are mini & travel size versions of the cricut cake. I will say the sheet are less expensive than the cricut & taste better....however I demonstrate it in class with the ones we go free at training.but since I use my cricut It would be a waste of money to buy all the different cutters. Please that's a lot of space being taking up.

So you'll see a lot of new stuff coming out within the next couple of months...

platinumlady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
platinumlady Posted 20 Aug 2011 , 6:44am
post #8 of 8

This is the definition of the slid-n-Cut Edge Cutter.......Cut perfect strips of Wilton Sugar Sheets! Edible Decorating Paper, Fondant or Gum Paste with this adjustable cutter. Works like a paper trimmer but with more versatility! Slide the cutting arm to the position you want, and lock into place. No need to keep handling your edible material to make multiple cuts. Cutting is safe and easy. Gently push down on the handle to engage the stainless steel blade and slide down the arm. Change the blade handle to cut a straight or a wavy edge. Removable cutting blade wipes clean with a soft cloth. 9 x 12 in. cutting surface is marked for easy measuring. For food use only.

So it to use to cut the sheets before you put on the cake....here's the video:

Hope this helps

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%