Internal Grease Trap

Business By SweetpeasBakery Updated 30 Aug 2011 , 12:13am by SweetpeasBakery

SweetpeasBakery Posted 20 Aug 2011 , 2:52am
post #1 of 6

I'm still working towards building my home baking business but I was wondering if anyone here was required to have an internal grease trap installed in their residential kitchen. I MAY have to (not positive yet) and I have no clue how much $$ I'm looking at if it's needed. Anyone?

5 replies
littlecake Posted 20 Aug 2011 , 5:21am
post #2 of 6

i have one at the shop....they are about 500.00.

they are a simple thing to make if you know someone who welds.......just a box with a divider in the middle......someone made mine..

tracycakes Posted 20 Aug 2011 , 6:21pm
post #3 of 6

Just make sure to check your local codes to see what is required in your area.

louanne Posted 21 Aug 2011 , 9:01pm
post #4 of 6

some areas do not require them as long as you are not frying anything. some require them for any food production facility. just depends on local codes as said before

scp1127 Posted 22 Aug 2011 , 4:28am
post #5 of 6

If you are on a septic system, you may be required to have an external trap for thousands of dollars. Check with the HD about your specs.

SweetpeasBakery Posted 30 Aug 2011 , 12:13am
post #6 of 6

I believe the deal here in my town is that if I'm operational full time, I need to have one. If I'm part time, I don't need one.

The health inspector is the one who mentioned it to me to make me aware that I may need one. It was definitely an internal grease trap. Still, it's money I'd rather not spend.

Quote by @%username% on %date%