Looking For The Perfect Cookie Dough For A Cookie Bouquet

Baking By Iluvmysolja Updated 19 Aug 2011 , 3:14am by jules5000

Iluvmysolja Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Iluvmysolja Posted 19 Aug 2011 , 2:45am
post #1 of 4

I am making a cookie bouquet for a baby shower I'm throwing on Saturday, I'm not a big cookie baking person I prefer cake but it was a request from the prego lol. I'm making nautical shapes but I really need a dough that's going to hold it's shape really well something like a sugar cookie or short bread. Any help would be really appreciated icon_smile.gif

3 replies
Periperi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Periperi Posted 19 Aug 2011 , 3:01am
post #2 of 4

I've used this recipe for a few years now and absolutely LOVE it!!! Make sure the cookie dough is chilled before you roll it out and cut out the shapes. The dough hardly "swells" at all, making it perfect for decorating elaborate shapes. I roll it out fairly thick and push a stick in it before baking. Once cooled, the cookies can be picked up, iced, and put into a bouquet.

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/cut-out-cookies-in-a-flower-pot/detail.aspx

icer101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icer101 Posted 19 Aug 2011 , 3:14am
post #3 of 4

check out sweetopia.com and also nfsc(nofailsugarcookie) recipe on this site. hth also karenscookies.net

jules5000 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jules5000 Posted 19 Aug 2011 , 3:14am
post #4 of 4

Well, I thought I was going to be able to direct you to the site that I got a great cookie recipe from that does hold it's shape. However, they have changed it very recently and I was not successful in finding the one I printed off of there only last week. I was able to find it on my saved recipes folder so here it is. I use Orange extract instead of lemon, but that is just my preference.
Sugar Cookies
Found on Cake Cottage website (my favorite)

2 C. Unsalted Butter
2 C. Granulated Sugar
2 Eggs
1 t. Vanilla
2 t. Lemon or flavor of choice
6 C. All-Purpose Flour
3 t. Baking Powder
1 t. Salt

In at least a 5 qt. mixer or a large bowl, cream the butter and sugar until fluffy. Then add the eggs, mix. Add vanilla and other extract, mix.

In a separate bowl, mix the flour, baking powder and salt together. Gradually add to the butter mixture until incorporated. Scrape bowl and mix until dough comes together.

Wrap dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.

Roll out cookies on parchment paper, cut shapes leaving space between the cookies, then place the parchment paper with the cookies on a cookie sheet.*

Bake cookies at 350 degrees in a regular oven or a 300-325 in a convection oven until golden brown around the edges.

*Also, I put my cookies back in the freezer after cutting out for 15 min.
Good luck.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%