Non Dairy Whipped Frosting.

Decorating By anothercakelady Updated 18 Aug 2011 , 6:37am by CWR41

anothercakelady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
anothercakelady Posted 18 Aug 2011 , 4:47am
post #1 of 3

Can anyone tell me if they have used this kind of frosting on a wedding cake? I am worried it wont hold up at an outdoor reception. also worried about transporting it as it doesn't crust the same as buttercream. I am making a 3 tier stacked cake so I am also wondering if it will hold up being done (stacked) for transport or if I should take it separate and give myself time to stack and finish at the reception.
thank you for any help you can give me!

2 replies
basicmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
basicmom Posted 18 Aug 2011 , 5:23am
post #2 of 3

hi, i would not use a whipped frosting it wont hold up to good to the outdoors, if your looking for some kind of frosting that isn't to heavy to the taste and isn't that sweet i would suggest a italian buttercream.your making a 3tier cake i would keep it separate and finish it at the reception i hope this helped a little and good luck!!
p.s. if your going to use the whipped frosting stablize it with some clear gelatin..

CWR41 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CWR41 Posted 18 Aug 2011 , 6:37am
post #3 of 3

Yes... outdoors, but not in direct sunlight. Keep it in the shade... it should be just fine.

It should also transport well (either stacked or separately), but I don't know how you stack. (If you aren't using SPS, I'd recommend using a center dowel if transporting fully assembled.)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%