Never Doing A Heel Again

Decorating By VentureSister Updated 23 Aug 2011 , 3:16am by LadyTangerine

VentureSister Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
VentureSister Posted 18 Aug 2011 , 4:03am
post #1 of 6

Just needed to vent for a minute.
This is my first attempt at making high heels for a cake.
Now I know that this is my fault, I thought I could change the design a bit and it would work. Almost all the tutorials/directions that I studied were for strappy, open toe, or pointy toe heels. I thought I could tweek the plans a bit and make a classic closed toe heel.
hahahaha
Been fighting with it and right now it has won. It is not working right. Stupid thing has taken up most my night. Can't get the toe side and back to look right no matter what I do. Have tried several different approaches, but nothing is working. icon_mad.gificon_mad.gificon_cry.gificon_cry.gif
Wish I could blame the gumpaste or the tools, but it is just user error. Thinking I might just change the design to strappy, but really don't want to do that. Thanks for letting me ramble on. Am just tired. Think I might just need to get some sleep and tackle it fresh in the morning. I just hate to think that it has defeated me (even temporarily).
If I can make this work, it will be a cold day before I try this again.

5 replies
LadyTangerine Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LadyTangerine Posted 22 Aug 2011 , 4:16am
post #2 of 6

Aww, don't be discouraged! My first heel took 2 tries, the first collapsed and the second took my entire night and most of my morning to get right. It's so fidgety and impossible to work with. Since I'm replying a few days after your post, I'm sure you did a great job and it must've turned out wonderful! icon_smile.gif

VentureSister Posted 22 Aug 2011 , 4:38am
post #3 of 6

Thanks for the kind words. Finally made it work. After the heels were finished and the cake was done, I had a big margarita.
It was a learning process. I figured out a lot of things that I would do differently the next time.
There is a picture of it in my photos.
(not happy at all with the shoebox though). It was for a friend's birthday and she was happy with it so that is all that matters in the end.

LadyTangerine Posted 23 Aug 2011 , 1:42am
post #4 of 6

Heels are such a learning curve. I'm so glad yours turned out great! At the end of the day, the important thing is that you had it done and she liked it, as you said! icon_smile.gif

VentureSister Posted 23 Aug 2011 , 2:02am
post #5 of 6

Lady T- I love your cakes and your high heel- WOW!

LadyTangerine Posted 23 Aug 2011 , 3:16am
post #6 of 6

Thank you!! icon_biggrin.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%