SORRY! I accidentally posted this in another form!!
Hi Everyone! I'm delivering my first wedding cake to an actual venue and I have no idea what the steps are... I was hoping some of the cake pros could help
Two items of disclosure before I ask questions: 1. I am completely legal, and 2. I've done a search here on CC and haven't found what I'm looking for!
So here it goes:
* Who is responsible for scheduling the delivery with the venue? Me, right?
* If so, who do I contact at the venue to schedule it? The catering mngr?
* Will they, right off the bat, tell me if they need to be listed as Additional Insured on my insurance policy, or is that common knowledge that I'm already supposed to know?
* Do you make sure that someone from the bridal party is there to sign off on the delivery?
* Approximately how far in advance from the reception do you deliver? 2 hrs? 1 hr?
Any insight and help is appreciated! Thanks!!
A lot of these questions will depend on the bride. Sometimes I contact the catering manager at the venue, in other cases it will be the wedding coordinator, and sometimes the bride will be the point of contact if it's a more informal event. The designated delivery time is indicated in the contract with the bride, it's typically 1-2 hours before the reception starts. I get a signature on the delivery invoice (after taking a picture of the completed cake of course) from the person who accepts delivery, whether that's the bride, wedding planner, or venue catering manager.
I've never had a venue ask me to be listed as additional insured on my insurance policy.
Thanks jason_kraft!! Does anyone else have any feedback or info for me?
For me it depends on the venue.
If it's one I've never delivered to before I phone them myself and speak to the contact person who can answer my questions about the delivery...
i.e. what entrance to use, are there stairs, an elevator, what time can I bring the cake in, will the table be set up and ready for me to place the cake, etc.
I also ask if they need anything from me as far as my proof of license and insurance.
Sometimes if I'm really not sure of the location, I'll drive out to it a week ahead of time just so I'll know exactly where I'm going....I'm anal like that. lol
Awesome, thank you! I'll make sure I ask questions that like I appreciate it!