I Need Help!

Decorating By sugarlover Updated 17 Aug 2011 , 1:38am by DoniB

sugarlover Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sugarlover Posted 16 Aug 2011 , 9:59pm
post #1 of 9

I was to do an eiffel tower cake for my sister's wedding but I want to know what support system should i use. I'm not able to post the picture but here is the website. www.thevegasweddingplanner.com I need all the jelp I can get.

TIA

8 replies
CounselorMom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CounselorMom Posted 16 Aug 2011 , 10:41pm
post #2 of 9

Hmm I didn't see it on the front page, let me go back and look. How tall will it be?

cakestyles Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakestyles Posted 16 Aug 2011 , 10:54pm
post #3 of 9

I can't find the cake icon_sad.gif Hopefully you'll be able to post a pic.

sugarlover Posted 16 Aug 2011 , 11:27pm
post #4 of 9

I just wanna cry because I can't get the photo to upload. I will have to describe it. The bottom half looks like the bottom of the eiffel tower and there are four round tiers on the top. The cake is top heavy and not sure what support system to use to hold the the top tiers. i will keep trying to upload the pic.

Texas_Rose Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Texas_Rose Posted 16 Aug 2011 , 11:56pm
post #5 of 9

Is it the eiffel tower one on this page: http://thevegasweddingplanner.com/2009/10/12/wedding-cakes-color/

That's not going to be any harder to support than any other stacked cake. Use dowels and boards or use SPS. Because of the weight you'll definitely want to assemble onsite, or at least transport it in several sections.

That's a ton of cake, if your sister's not inviting half the world, you might consider making the top section dummy cakes and then just making the bottom half cake.

cakestyles Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakestyles Posted 17 Aug 2011 , 12:01am
post #6 of 9

Oh I can see it now...thanks Texas_Rose.

I would do the bottom out of styro dummies covered in fondant and than the top all cake so that the weight of the cakes would be supported by the styro foam base.

That doesn't look too difficult at all.

sugarlover Posted 17 Aug 2011 , 12:51am
post #7 of 9

There will approximately 200 guests. Thank you to the ones that gave your input. It's much appreciated!

Mexx Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mexx Posted 17 Aug 2011 , 1:21am
post #8 of 9

There was an eiffel tower cake posted here a week or so ago...www.cakecentral.com/gallery/2117147. I think there was a tutorial of sorts on how to do it.

DoniB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DoniB Posted 17 Aug 2011 , 1:38am
post #9 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas_Rose

Is it the eiffel tower one on this page: http://thevegasweddingplanner.com/2009/10/12/wedding-cakes-color/

Actually, that cake doesn't look all that big, if you think about it. Look at the carnations on the bottom, and the ring box on top. It looks like fairly small bottom layers, then mini-tier cakes leading to the top. Just an observation...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%