Awesome Opportunity

Business By GeminiCake Updated 16 Aug 2011 , 3:39pm by brenda549

GeminiCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiCake Posted 16 Aug 2011 , 2:49pm
post #1 of 3

Hello All,

I have an ex co-worker who is getting ready to open a a restaurant. Since they are not an ordinary restuarant (sell wild game food), they didnt want a traditional dessert. He found out that I baked and asked me to make some liquor infused cupcakes. He and his partners loved them. So that brings me to my question(s). It costs me $.52/cupcake.

How much should I sell them to his business for?

Should I require they purchase a set amount each week?

They are offering free advertisement, so I want to take that into consideration as well.

Any advise would be helpful

Thanks in Advance!

2 replies
Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 16 Aug 2011 , 3:34pm
post #2 of 3

Great Opportunity!!

I would require that they order a set amount each week.Secondly you need to decide exactly how much your worth in terms of time,ingredients etc and what percentage of profit you want to make..No one can tell you what you should be charging as every situation and demographic is different.Once you calculate of of this you will have a better idea.HTH

brenda549 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
brenda549 Posted 16 Aug 2011 , 3:39pm
post #3 of 3

Fifty-two cents would only cover my basic baking materials. That would not include the liquor, my time, and overhead.

I agree that you need to make it a set number you will sell to them each week. You get paid upfront. They should have to worry about any that are not sold.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%