Where To Buy Stamps / Imprints

Decorating By Valkstar Updated 19 Aug 2011 , 7:38am by Valkstar

Valkstar Posted 12 Aug 2011 , 12:34pm
post #1 of 5

I've seen some cakes where the fondant has been embossed. For example, a christening cake with imprints of feet, baby bottles, rattles etc.

Where can I get these tools? I've googled but mustn't be using the right terms for searching.


4 replies
JamAndButtercream Posted 12 Aug 2011 , 12:42pm
post #2 of 5

Have you tried googling "fondant embosser" or "Cake Embosser" I think when its leaves its called a "veiner"

I'll have a look now, back in a minute. . . . . . icon_smile.gif

JamAndButtercream Posted 12 Aug 2011 , 1:00pm
post #3 of 5

I think you need to google, "VEINED PLUNGER CUTTER" and it mostly gives you flowers and leaves.

Or "EMBOSS PLUNGER CUTTER" and it gives more of a varierty of cutters.

there are also some called "Push N Print" on the wilton website.

This is a website that sells some, but they are mostly flowers, leaves and butterflies.
Its a UK website
Hope this helps! Good luck! thumbs_up.gif

knlcox Posted 12 Aug 2011 , 1:14pm
post #4 of 5

I found several at Michael's. I usually go to the Rubber Stamp section and buy whatever is on sale just to see how it works on fondant. They work GREAT! They don't stick to fondant or gumpaste either. I love them! Just go to the Rubber Stamp/card making section of whatever craft store is nearest you and see what you can try from their selection. I've used several types of craft materials for doing things to fondant. Look at everything you see through "fondant eyes".

Valkstar Posted 19 Aug 2011 , 7:38am
post #5 of 5

Thanks for the help....I've found them icon_biggrin.gif they're called patchwork cutters.

Quote by @%username% on %date%