What Would You Use?

Decorating By inspiredbymom Updated 16 Aug 2011 , 1:23pm by inspiredbymom

inspiredbymom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
inspiredbymom Posted 10 Aug 2011 , 4:15am
post #1 of 6

I was thinking of using some of the design from my nieces dress to make her shower cake. I was wondering what to use to get the glitz from the crystals on to the cake. Other crystals that I have seen used on cakes seem to be large. Any suggestions? I'm going to try to link the pic of her dress.

http://www.davidsbridal.com/Product_Chiffon-soft-A-line-with-Beaded-Lace-on-Empire-V9743#altImage

I hope that works!

5 replies
aprilismaius Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
aprilismaius Posted 10 Aug 2011 , 5:43pm
post #2 of 6

I would probably mold white chocolate in tiny gem molds, then coat with disco dust plus a teeny bit of Everclear to make it stick. Or you can use isomalt gems.

patjobes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
patjobes Posted 11 Aug 2011 , 9:22pm
post #3 of 6

i like the idea of using white chocolate covered in glitter, i cant think of anything but just needed to say that is a very good idea

BlakesCakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BlakesCakes Posted 11 Aug 2011 , 9:40pm
post #4 of 6

That'll work, but they'll need to be removed before serving because the disco dust isn't edible and is for decoration only.

To make them edible, you could use fine sanding sugar mixed with a bit of edible cake sparkles and FDA approved pearlized luster dust from sugarpaste.com

Rae

Narie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
inspiredbymom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
inspiredbymom Posted 16 Aug 2011 , 1:23pm
post #6 of 6

I didn't receive an email that I had replies, so I am sorry that I am late saying "THANK YOU" to all of your replies. I am going to check into all of this. Thanks again.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%