Help I Want To Do Something Different,something Amazing.

Decorating By faefolkbakery Updated 10 Aug 2011 , 6:25pm by JamAndButtercream

faefolkbakery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
faefolkbakery Posted 8 Aug 2011 , 8:52am
post #1 of 4

Hello fellow cake makers, i am looking to make a cake that is top of the line for my daughter who has been a big help along my long journey to recovery. She is turning 5 and wants a tangled theme cake. I was thinking about doing the tower but instead of the normal one i wanted to make it movable. I want her to be able to open it up and see the inside of the tower as well as the outside when she closes it.
does anyone have any idea as to how this is done or if anyone has ever done something like this before.
Please help if you have any advice.
Thanks

3 replies
JamAndButtercream Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JamAndButtercream Posted 9 Aug 2011 , 4:49pm
post #2 of 4

Hi,
Let me start off by saying, this idea sounds incredible, but on searching this site and the internet I found no other cakes like this . . . . icon_sad.gif
But I started to think what I would do,
your idea reminds me of a dolls house, with an opening front (see link)

http://www.rushall-dollshouse-miniatures.co.uk/onlineshop/dolls-houses/letsby-avenue/prod_40.html

It sounds like a structure would need to be built, like a tall wooden cylinder, with a hinged front so that would be the opening part, I don't think it would be a good idea to put cake on the front part, maybe to could put a small handle on the front of the cake so it would easily open?

The cake of the tower should be the back, which wouldn't be moving, you could decorate the inside of the tower with like a flat image of like chairs, furniture and other things or you could go way over the top and make all furniture for inside out of fondant,

I found a pic of a tangled tower to, open and closed pics also, http://www.toysrus.co.uk/Toys-R-Us/Toys/Dolls/Fashion-Dolls-and-Accessories/Disney-Tangled-Rapunzel-Tower(0047841)

I hope this helps in someway! Good Luck! princess.gif

faefolkbakery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
faefolkbakery Posted 10 Aug 2011 , 1:20am
post #3 of 4

Thank you for your advice and the pictures. I am hoping to have it where i do a wooden structure and build out from it. im not sure. I am however going to make it a replica of the tower. about 4 feet tall and have cake sheets as the ground and forrest entrance. river im thinking pipping gel. mabey have her hanging out the window on her hair sculpted out of fondant/gumpaste mixture.

JamAndButtercream Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JamAndButtercream Posted 10 Aug 2011 , 6:25pm
post #4 of 4

Good luck with the cake you make in the end! be sure to upload a pic to cake central! thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%