Bride Wants Strawberries Cut Into Heart Shapes, Dipped In...

Decorating By Sandylee05 Updated 8 Aug 2011 , 3:29am by christiecando

Sandylee05 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sandylee05 Posted 8 Aug 2011 , 2:42am
post #1 of 5

The bride wants large and tiny strawberries cut into heart shapes and half side dipped in dark chocoate. I have tested this and it is not working. I can't get the chocolate to stick to the cut sections of the strawberry. The sugary chocolate is causing the strawberry to juice. I think the icing will just draw the juice all over the cake. I need advice.

Thank you,
Sandy

4 replies
ConfectionsCC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ConfectionsCC Posted 8 Aug 2011 , 2:51am
post #2 of 5

Yea, this I don't think is a good idea! Once cut, the strawberry will continue to leak juice all over the place!!! I would tell the bride this is not possible!! Unless someone else on here has a magic trick, I just don't see it!

ShandraB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShandraB Posted 8 Aug 2011 , 2:54am
post #3 of 5

Unfortunately, I do not have good news. Anytime cut strawberries come in contact with sugar, is causes them to release juice.

Maybe someone will have a fantastic idea for you, but you may just have to tell the bride it won't work. Could you do some kind of heart-shaped decoration on whole strawberries that have been dipped in chocolate?

Sandylee05 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sandylee05 Posted 8 Aug 2011 , 3:06am
post #4 of 5

I just knew this couldn't work. I needed to hear it from the experts though. I really appreciate your posts. That's a thought with the dipped strawberries. Maybe I could cut little fondant hearts. Thank you!!

christiecando Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
christiecando Posted 8 Aug 2011 , 3:29am
post #5 of 5

Strawberries are awfully heart shaped to begin with, IMHO.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%