Why I Would Rather Deliver My Cakes...

Decorating By grama_j Updated 6 Aug 2011 , 11:05pm by mombabytiger

grama_j Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grama_j Posted 6 Aug 2011 , 2:51pm
post #1 of 5

I have now been sitting here for TWO hours waiting for someone to pick up her cake...... I tried calling and her cell phone is shut off........ I HAVE TO GO TO THE STORE !!!

Thanks for letting me RANT !

4 replies
ConfectionsCC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ConfectionsCC Posted 6 Aug 2011 , 3:05pm
post #2 of 5

Did you tell her a time to come get it!? If so, and she is two hours late, lock up and head to the store!! I hate when people do that to me!!!I told them when they got her (nicely of course) and appointment is an appointment, and I missed something too because they were late. Burns me up, im NEVER late, not without a phone call if there was an accident, but never late or miss appointments!!

JRAE33 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JRAE33 Posted 6 Aug 2011 , 3:10pm
post #3 of 5

That's a bummer!! I say go to the store if you have to go and let her arrange a new pick up time.

OhMyGanache Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
OhMyGanache Posted 6 Aug 2011 , 3:40pm
post #4 of 5

I give customers a two hour window - they get to choose the time frame during normal "business hours". After that time, I make sure they know I am under no obligation to be home and they may show up to find their cake sitting on my front porch. I've never had ANYONE be late - in fact, the closest someone came to being late, she was so paranoid about not making it in time, she was calling me frantically to make sure I was still going to be home. She arrived about 10 min. before her cut-off time and apologized profusely.

I'm kind of a hard-@$$ with my customers, because if you aren't, they will walk all over you.

If I were you, I would leave a note on the door and go to the store.

mombabytiger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mombabytiger Posted 6 Aug 2011 , 11:05pm
post #5 of 5

Lateness is one of my major pet peeves. If I'm late, either I'm dead or I'm not coming.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%